EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDFL website says clearance request cancelled, must have gotten over his hissy fit.

As predicted someone would be dropped especially when points are so high for their new recruit.

Maybe he stays now as clubs can play over 47 points in this league apparently. The EDFL has allowed East Keilor in div1 to play above 47points on 3 occasions (out of 4 games) and no punishment at all. Even allowed to play as high as 51 points in the lower division. All 3 wins stand and they are top of the ladder. What a joke this comp has become.

Maybe he stays now as clubs can play over 47 points in this league apparently. The EDFL has allowed East Keilor in div1 to play above 47points on 3 occasions (out of 4 games) and no punishment at all. Even allowed to play as high as 51 points in the lower division. All 3 wins stand and they are top of the ladder. What a joke this comp has become.
Bit of a fiasco. There's á statement from the league on the EDFL website Turbo, acknowledging that the league was at fault, and that E Keilor acted in good faith. Monumental stuff up, and big advantage to be allowed to play 4 points over on 2 occasions, and 2 points over on the other.

Bit of a fiasco. There's á statement from the league on the EDFL website Turbo, acknowledging that the league was at fault, and that E Keilor acted in good faith. Monumental stuff up, and big advantage to be allowed to play 4 points over on 2 occasions, and 2 points over on the other.

Really, what f’ing joke, don’t they have team manager and who’s the numbnuts at the EDFL that check this.
What happens next round, they’re acting in good faith, please!!!

Imagine the outcry if Abers, Pacco and EDS had been treated so trivially, well perhaps they were, particularly Abers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey old friend. EK acted in good faith. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😄😄

What was the saying on dad’s army “I know nothing” 😂😂👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although I’m not a fan of the points system I do see that clubs are now playing some younger homegrowns kids 17-19years old which is a great thing for local community footy. Recruits are forcing clubs to field a number of 1 point players and it’s great to see some young kids running around in premier league. 👍👍
I think the league recording all games is another huge plus and think this should be implemented into the other 2 divisions. I know the NFL do it. Just need to ensure the costs are reasonable for lower division clubs.

Pacco have the split round so “maybe” Clare back to Westy for a 1 off game??

Highly doubtful. Why would they allow him to risk injury, play competitively etc for anyone other than themselves. Doesn't add up...

Gee you'd be pissed if you were the bloke dropped for him at Westy. Do a preseason, play the first month and get dropped for a bloke his first week back.

Highly doubtful. Why would they allow him to risk injury, play competitively etc for anyone other than themselves. Doesn't add up...

Gee you'd be pissed if you were the bloke dropped for him at Westy. Do a preseason, play the first month and get dropped for a bloke his first week back.

Only kidding mate, about the 1 off game. 😂😂

Interesting that there are no comments from yesterday's games on here yet, so I will be the first.

I was sitting near the Aberfeldie coaches box on Saturday and over heared some interesting comments, they were certainly shell shocked in the first half the way Douttas put it to them. They were lucky to get a goal 10 seconds before half-time to put them 7 points up. It seemed Douttas changed the way they played the first half and lost their way in the third. That allowed Abers to play the game the way they like to and they put 8 or 9 goals on them. That is what lost the game for Doutta, that and silly kicks that were either intercepted or kicked directly to Abers players. The last quarter they went back to the way they played the first half and again it became a contest. This young side can hold their heads high, except for the third quarter. They are playing around 10 to 12 players that are 21 or under and all home grown.
If other coaches don't watch the first half highlights to see how Douttas stayed within 7 points then they aren't doing their job. It also seemed that Doutta were without three of their normal first choice players. Other than a few scuffles and 50m penalties, the game was played in great spirit, well done to both teams.

Interesting that there are no comments from yesterday's games on here yet, so I will be the first.

I was sitting near the Aberfeldie coaches box on Saturday and over heared some interesting comments, they were certainly shell shocked in the first half the way Douttas put it to them. They were lucky to get a goal 10 seconds before half-time to put them 7 points up. It seemed Douttas changed the way they played the first half and lost their way in the third. That allowed Abers to play the game the way they like to and they put 8 or 9 goals on them. That is what lost the game for Doutta, that and silly kicks that were either intercepted or kicked directly to Abers players. The last quarter they went back to the way they played the first half and again it became a contest. This young side can hold their heads high, except for the third quarter. They are playing around 10 to 12 players that are 21 or under and all home grown.
If other coaches don't watch the first half highlights to see how Douttas stayed within 7 points then they aren't doing their job. It also seemed that Doutta were without three of their normal first choice players. Other than a few scuffles and 50m penalties, the game was played in great spirit, well done to both teams.

Nice work, well there rarely is a quality post like you’ve just put up, I hope you provide more.
EDS have always been a tough customer particularly at the home, so no surprise to me.
Abers just to consistent and seasoned across the park, but EDS will take another scalp this year, just like the Greenvale win last year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey mate, I have posted this on behalf of an EDFL football follower who was also at the game. I have read and agree with these views on the season so far. I assume you would agree in part as well. Probably the reason that people are writing less match day summaries on here as the comp has kind of been divided thus far.

I have seen this many times over recent years, teams get beaten by 10 goals plus by one of the top teams and a supporter of the losing team hang's on to a quarter or period of the game and tries to claim that because they matched the winning team for that period that they are as good or have found a secret method for teams to beat the top team.

Footy is not like that it’s 120 mins and 4 quarters and whoever is in front at the last siren gets the 4 points no more no less.

Potentially the only time you can make a longbow case is when there is really bad kicking by one team (bad kicking is still bad footy and might be an indication of being forced wide or needing to take long shots outside of 50 due to good defence) and the scoring shots were similar e.g Greenvale v Glenroy there was only one scoring shot in it, but in games like Abers v Doutta Stars or Pascoe Vale v Marby Park where the scoring shots were 27 to 14 and 28 to 9 you are really getting into Trump spin territory if you try to.

Good teams when they are playing lower teams often cruise through periods of games, doing just enough, then in small bursts put the foot down when they need to. (coaches hate it and try all sorts of methods to get their charges focused but it is human nature)

Usually, the cruising shows up through lack of intensity at the ball carrier and the better team is a bit lazy waiting for the poorer opposition to make mistakes it’s human nature that footballers only want to try as hard as they need to win.

Footy is a game of inches and as soon as Abers tried properly and pressured Douttas back they literally obliterated them in 20 mins of footy.

I dare say if Abers played as if they were facing Keilor for 120 mins it would have been very ugly for Douttas.

The same thing happened at Paco v Marby Park when Paco wasn’t sure how good Marby Park was and they played like they could lose, they smashed Marby in a half then they cruised and I’m sure Marby supporters thought we matched them for a half we could beat them if we played like that for 4 quarters.

But its not how it works modern footy is all about pressure everything hangs off that, the skill level, the amount of turnovers, connection from inside to outside of stoppages, quality of forward 50 entries, intensity of spread and location on turnovers, literally everything and the measure of a team is what happens on all of those elements of the game when the opposition punches back and lifts their intensity on all of those dimensions? It’s the old roper doper coaches of the better teams that are being hunted often talk about absorbing the early pressure and hype then once the heat reduces ask the oppo a few of the same questions and usually, nearly always, the lower team folds badly just like Douttas did and the cream rises to the top.

Then the Abers boys were left with that same predictable feeling of an adult toying with their kids when wrestling never really feeling threatened but going through the motions.

My game summary

Douttas came out hunting Abers like it was their grand final and pressed up hard locking the ball in their forward line and the Abers boys just absorbed the intensity until some of the sting worked out of the game. When Abers scored it looked easy for Douttas it was hard.

Half time came and the Abers team sensed they needed to step it up and put some distance between them on the scoreboard, this combined with the Douttas boys struggling to keep the level of intensity up saw Abers ice the game in 20 mins of footy. As soon as Abers started to pressure and harass like they needed to win the footy back the game literally looked like a totally different contest, Douttas started making decision making and skill errors and it was as if different teams were playing. Once Abers smashed the game beyond doubt they cruised again, and the Douttas players were under less pressure again and made fewer errors etc looked a bit better.

Abers are often hunted by lower teams who get themselves up with huge intensity early and the Abers boys have the reverse problem of lack of motivation.

On the competition more generally to state the obvious it looks like 2 competitions top 4 then bottom 6, the only way the top 4 will lose against the bottom 6 (probably will happen once or twice) will be if the top 4 team stays in cruise mode too long and the bottom 6 team can create some scoreboard pressure and the top team leaves their run a little too late and the bottom team gets a real sniff and hangs on.

[TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR]

Hey mate, I have posted this on behalf of an EDFL football follower who was also at the game. I have read and agree with these views on the season so far. I assume you would agree in part as well. Probably the reason that people are writing less match day summaries on here as the comp has kind of been divided thus far.

I have seen this many times over recent years, teams get beaten by 10 goals plus by one of the top teams and a supporter of the losing team hang's on to a quarter or period of the game and tries to claim that because they matched the winning team for that period that they are as good or have found a secret method for teams to beat the top team.

Footy is not like that it’s 120 mins and 4 quarters and whoever is in front at the last siren gets the 4 points no more no less.

Potentially the only time you can make a longbow case is when there is really bad kicking by one team (bad kicking is still bad footy and might be an indication of being forced wide or needing to take long shots outside of 50 due to good defence) and the scoring shots were similar e.g Greenvale v Glenroy there was only one scoring shot in it, but in games like Abers v Doutta Stars or Pascoe Vale v Marby Park where the scoring shots were 27 to 14 and 28 to 9 you are really getting into Trump spin territory if you try to.

Good teams when they are playing lower teams often cruise through periods of games, doing just enough, then in small bursts put the foot down when they need to. (coaches hate it and try all sorts of methods to get their charges focused but it is human nature)

Usually, the cruising shows up through lack of intensity at the ball carrier and the better team is a bit lazy waiting for the poorer opposition to make mistakes it’s human nature that footballers only want to try as hard as they need to win.

Footy is a game of inches and as soon as Abers tried properly and pressured Douttas back they literally obliterated them in 20 mins of footy.

I dare say if Abers played as if they were facing Keilor for 120 mins it would have been very ugly for Douttas.

The same thing happened at Paco v Marby Park when Paco wasn’t sure how good Marby Park was and they played like they could lose, they smashed Marby in a half then they cruised and I’m sure Marby supporters thought we matched them for a half we could beat them if we played like that for 4 quarters.

But its not how it works modern footy is all about pressure everything hangs off that, the skill level, the amount of turnovers, connection from inside to outside of stoppages, quality of forward 50 entries, intensity of spread and location on turnovers, literally everything and the measure of a team is what happens on all of those elements of the game when the opposition punches back and lifts their intensity on all of those dimensions? It’s the old roper doper coaches of the better teams that are being hunted often talk about absorbing the early pressure and hype then once the heat reduces ask the oppo a few of the same questions and usually, nearly always, the lower team folds badly just like Douttas did and the cream rises to the top.

Then the Abers boys were left with that same predictable feeling of an adult toying with their kids when wrestling never really feeling threatened but going through the motions.

My game summary

Douttas came out hunting Abers like it was their grand final and pressed up hard locking the ball in their forward line and the Abers boys just absorbed the intensity until some of the sting worked out of the game. When Abers scored it looked easy for Douttas it was hard.

Half time came and the Abers team sensed they needed to step it up and put some distance between them on the scoreboard, this combined with the Douttas boys struggling to keep the level of intensity up saw Abers ice the game in 20 mins of footy. As soon as Abers started to pressure and harass like they needed to win the footy back the game literally looked like a totally different contest, Douttas started making decision making and skill errors and it was as if different teams were playing. Once Abers smashed the game beyond doubt they cruised again, and the Douttas players were under less pressure again and made fewer errors etc looked a bit better.

Abers are often hunted by lower teams who get themselves up with huge intensity early and the Abers boys have the reverse problem of lack of motivation.

On the competition more generally to state the obvious it looks like 2 competitions top 4 then bottom 6, the only way the top 4 will lose against the bottom 6 (probably will happen once or twice) will be if the top 4 team stays in cruise mode too long and the bottom 6 team can create some scoreboard pressure and the top team leaves their run a little too late and the bottom team gets a real sniff and hangs on.

100% true and accurate summary..
And that's why interest in the Premier Competition has declined to it's lowest level in living memory! everyone will just yawn again if Abers, Greenvale or Keilor(& Mores) win another flag,,, they might get an extra few there if Pacco can sneak into the GF

100% true and accurate summary..
And that's why interest in the Premier Competition has declined to it's lowest level in living memory! everyone will just yawn again if Abers, Greenvale or Keilor(& Mores) win another flag,,, they might get an extra few there if Pacco can sneak into the GF

Unfortunately can’t see things changing for years. Introduced this points cap and it clearly suits teams with strong 19, 17 etc.
The AFL Vic needs to find a solution fast..

Greenvale have been quite with recruiting for 2-3 so they could go bang next season and become stronger..

I agree if Paco make it maybe supporters will follow the underdog.. Otherwise you will see the strong get strong and weak get weaker.

Things need to be looked at from the lower levels of junior footy to even out the competition or ultimately clubs MUST merge to become stronger..

My game summary

That could be true but you can only say what and how you see it. I would agree that Abers put their foot down as they had that extra gear and Douttas errors rose a lot were not because there was pressure on the ball carrier, they were just bad errors.

I don't have a favorite team these days, I just go and watch the Cannons when at home (easy to walk to) and the occasional Premiere and Div 1 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back