EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth. 1st time seeing Greenvale this yr. Chapman deserves praise. Impressed me greatly at 3 qrt time with how calm and methodical he was. Not sure many thought a team without the likes of Lower, Shinners, Campansano, Vassileski, Matt Smith etc would be around the mark again.

Ps After watching Paccoe fans go bannans last week about the umpiring, I wonder what Greenvale fans thought this week. Wow it was bad.

For what it's worth. 1st time seeing Greenvale this yr. Chapman deserves praise. Impressed me greatly at 3 qrt time with how calm and methodical he was. Not sure many thought a team without the likes of Lower, Shinners, Campansano, Vassileski, Matt Smith etc would be around the mark again.

Ps After watching Paccoe fans go bannans last week about the umpiring, I wonder what Greenvale fans thought this week. Wow it was bad.

One sided all day. Marby got a really good run out of them. But even with some poor umpiring it was a cracking game. Credit to Marby they never gave up when greenvale looked like they were going to kick away. They kept coming. Two good sides that will be thereabouts at the pointy end of the season.

Good win for greenvale and good win for douttas, do these results further prove the closeness of the comp and how important bringing your a game each week is?

Greenvale flag favourites for sure, played a great game.

There's an overreaction bigfooty call. They don't have any height either fwd or back (unless they had inj) but they have so many players around the footy and really smack in. Similar to the Bulldogs. They actually talked about it at 3 qrt time. Good team to watch as are Marby who are the real deal.

As I said last week. Just making the finals will be an achievement this year.

There's an overreaction bigfooty call. They don't have any height either fwd or back (unless they had inj) but they have so many players around the footy and really smack in. Similar to the Bulldogs. They actually talked about it at 3 qrt time. Good team to watch as are Marby who are the real deal.

As I said last week. Just making the finals will be an achievement this year.
Your right hutch, there will be at least 2 very very good sides that miss finals this year. Its time for a top 5 imo. Would make it even more exciting. With the eveness of those top sides now the 5th ranked side would be a genuine chance to get through to a grand final if there at there best.

Your right hutch, there will be at least 2 very very good sides that miss finals this year. Its time for a top 5 imo. Would make it even more exciting. With the eveness of those top sides now the 5th ranked side would be a genuine chance to get through to a grand final if there at there best.

And there would be a genuine reward for the team that finishes on top

And there would be a genuine reward for the team that finishes on top

I watched the last half of Greenvale Marby and what a match, looked like played in the best spirit of the game and the pressure was intense....both teams were very very good! Level scores at 3 qtr time was great for footy.
A top 5 would need extra teams in the premier comp to make it more exciting. Missing out, well that's footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Douttas doubters have gone quiet

Did the hammy curse claim another key mid for eds? I count 4 - smith, allen, Langtry & now Vespremmi. IMO he was BOG before he went off yesterday, will be a massive out v Abers this week. Will test eds depth. Great win for them yesterday in a high quality game and were 7 gla up in the last before PV kicked the last 4 in junk time. Both sides will be there at seasons end I'd suggest.

The Douttas doubters have gone quiet

Great win yesterday without 2 of their best players in Allan and Smith and did it comfortably in the end. Scoreboard flattered Pascoe Vale with them kicking last 4 at the end when result was conformed. Little disappointed Doutta's didn't drive it home in the last and really pump them but great result all the same. Pascoe Vale right back in chasing pack with consecutive losses to Marby and Doutta's.
Little concerning that there was another hamstring though, and it keeps happening to the big guns!

Wow....31 points! To be that competitive they must have some good local players? Would that be the lowest in premier? I wonder if that's their best 22 without Chapman?

Maric/Thompson as locals certainly doesn't hurt, throw in a number of blokes who have been there for years like Nayna/Brewer and it makes sense.
You'd think they'll need to get their juniors sorted to be able to match Abers, Keilor & EDS in the long run though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The ladder will start to settle from next week....
If EDS lose to Abers
If Marby lose to Keilor or visa versa
If Pacco lose to Greenvale
Then the ladder will be locked away 1 game clear for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th spot

ACL in practice game out for year. Bonegetti and Kite out injured now also. They were a very small young side yesterday the eagles. They gave there all.

Budgie hasn't had a lot of luck with injuries so doing an ACL is tough on the young guy. Hope he has a speedy recovery and doesn't give the game away as he certainly can play..

Did the hammy curse claim another key mid for eds? I count 4 - smith, allen, Langtry & now Vespremmi. IMO he was BOG before he went off yesterday, will be a massive out v Abers this week. Will test eds depth. Great win for them yesterday in a high quality game and were 7 gla up in the last before PV kicked the last 4 in junk time. Both sides will be there at seasons end I'd suggest.

FootyRUs, as per my comments over previous season's, Veszpremi on his day is one of the best players in metro/country footy. When he turns it on, no one can match him.

Great win yesterday without 2 of their best players in Allan and Smith and did it comfortably in the end. Scoreboard flattered Pascoe Vale with them kicking last 4 at the end when result was conformed. Little disappointed Doutta's didn't drive it home in the last and really pump them but great result all the same. Pascoe Vale right back in chasing pack with consecutive losses to Marby and Doutta's.
Little concerning that there was another hamstring though, and it keeps happening to the big guns!

Hey Gremiln, I will create some debate here and disagree with you in that yes Allan is in Douttas top 2 players, but Shylo wouldn't be in Douttas top 6 players mate. I'm a fan of Shylo's from his days at Marby and think his a gun, but Douttas have better players and can cover his loss IMO.

Hey Gremiln, I will create some debate here and disagree with you in that yes Allan is in Douttas top 2 players, but Shylo wouldn't be in Douttas top 6 players mate. I'm a fan of Shylo's from his days at Marby and think his a gun, but Douttas have better players and can cover his loss IMO.

I think he is the most important player for EDS. He is the heartbeat of the club and stands tall in big moments. He is also a great leader in the mould of Selwood.

FootyRUs, as per my comments over previous season's, Veszpremi on his day is one of the best players in metro/country footy. When he turns it on, no one can match him.

Shylo not in douttas top 6 is a massive call, interested to know who you rate above him? I'd rate him easily in douttas top 2-3 players and top 10-20 in the whole comp

Entitled to your opinion and you can rank him wherever you please, but it doesn't change the fact 2 very good players were missing and they handled Pacco with ease. Very good result. They just have to beat a top 4 team now to be considered a premiership threat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back