Scandal Elijah Taylor charged with assault of girlfriend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sacked because of a Instagram post? Jesus Christ, wouldn't want you as lawyer for the accused.
Let the investigation take its course, before calling for sackings.
Alleged of course, if this is a real example of violence against women, it will be a good test to see how strong the AFL is on dealing with alleged violence against women. All the talk and puff pieces means nothing. This is where the actions will count. I expect a very strong response from the AFL if the allegations are substantiated and rightly so. Terrible stuff this.

Alleged of course, if this is a real example of violence against women, it will be a good test to see how strong the AFL is on dealing with alleged violence against women. All the talk and puff pieces means nothing. This is where the actions will count. I expect a very strong response from the AFL if the allegations are substantiated and rightly so. Terrible stuff this.
Absolutely , if this is proven true then I would hope not only sacked by the Swans, but de-registered by the AFL.

Said in one of her posts she wasn’t able to leave, who knows if she even has the capability to get to a police station.

So text a friend and tell them to call the cops. Going around in circles without further information.
I expect a very strong response from the AFL if the allegations are substantiated and rightly so. Terrible stuff this.

It'll either be referred to police or swept under the rug. Can't punish the player if he hasn't broken the law.

Nobody’s shaming or discrediting anyone. If Taylor’s as violent as claimed, end the relationship and report the violence to police. Maybe she just wants to “teach him a lesson” while continuing the relationship? Posting about it to her “followers” suggests it’s more a spat than a crime.
We all have spats with our partners, when one person hits another it’s not a spat anymore it‘s domestic violence and a crime. That includes violence on men, women, children and animals. People need to keep their bloody hands to themselves, hitting and beating is NEVER ok.
I don’t know why people post these very personal issues on their social media, this is clearly a serious police matter but that’s the world we live in today. Whatever reasons the young lady had to post this are her own and time and investigation will shed light on it.

Last edited:
The one thing I’ve learned in the last year is don’t believe every story on face value. Lots of recent examples where the accused has been innocent.

If guilty he should be put away.

Let the police do the investigating.

Lucky he’s not here in Victoria at the moment as he’d be arrested tried and hung before lunchtime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He doesn't need to refute anything, he can legally and literally sit there silent, refute nothing and if the case doesn't get proven guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, he is fine.

In court, yes. In the minds of the public? Well if he says nothing then he may as well admit guilt.

There are plenty of questions that he would be able to answer - assuming that's him in the photo next to her.

Absolutely , if this is proven true then I would hope not only sacked by the Swans, but de-registered by the AFL.

Broadly agree with the sentiment, but not sure its as easy as that. Two considerations:

1. Is there a risk to the player if he is deregistered? Would he be a danger to himself if his career is taken away instantly?
2. Is there a risk to the girl / anyone else from the player? Would they be blamed by the player for no longer having a career, putting them at risk of more dv?

If the allegations are true (and he doesn’t do time) I wouldn’t want him at the Swans. However, would suggest he not be deregistered as a player and instead complete whatever dv counselling or programs can be offered before any other club decides if they want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadly agree with the sentiment, but not sure its as easy as that. Two considerations:

1. Is there a risk to the player if he is deregistered? Would he be a danger to himself if his career is taken away instantly?
2. Is there a risk to the girl / anyone else from the player? Would they be blamed by the player for no longer having a career, putting them at risk of more dv?

If the allegations are true (and he doesn’t do time) I wouldn’t want him at the Swans. However, would suggest he not be deregistered as a player and instead complete whatever dv counselling or programs can be offered before any other club decides if they want him.
Your second point scares me. A guy should keep his registration because he might injure/kill someone if he loses it? Reward him for being a violent criminal?

We all have spats with our partners, when one person hits another it’s not a spat anymore it‘s domestic violence and a crime. That includes violence on men, women and children and animals. People need to keep their bloody hands to themselves, hitting and beating is NEVER ok.

Sure, I haven't indicated otherwise. Wouldn't be opposed to harsher penalties for it, but our courts seem to be moving the other way.

Agree that the health and well being of all involved needs to be taken into consideration. Perhaps a de-registration of Taylor until he completes a DV course, if the accusations are proven. As for his partner, would imagine court imposed restrictions on Taylor would prohibit approaching her.

what did she do?

Lol, he’s right.

Hands out the most vitriolic smack downs on any player she deems fit on twitter.

Then plays the feminist card every chance she gets.

Why do you automatically suspect a person may be lying? Says a lot about your values

That's grossly unfair and that poster wasn't making any judgements at all. Something you seem to have no problem doing though.

We do this all too often and it has the ability to backfire - Shoot first, ask questions later.
Any fair mind would abhor such an act but would want to ascertain the integrity of the 'charge' before apportioning punishment.

Someone on twitter saying that Taylor and his partner had broken up prior to yesterday. That suggests the violence was not yesterday but retrospective. It might explain the second person in the photo. It must have been reasonably recent if she still has bruises. Hopefully she involved the police at the time.

The Swans did the right thing and not acknowledge the rumours, giving him the assumption of innocence, or at least a chance to have his say prior to his full trial by media.
Good post overall. Sorry to be pedantic, but the Swans did acknowledge the rumours, they just didn't offer any comment until an investigation is carried out. They played it exactly right IMO, showing they take it seriously but not blaming anybody yet.

Ah yes, going for the "Its her fault" when you didnt read the part where she claims he...didnt LET her leave...
I wouldn't read it as that it is her fault because of the second photo. More that it is a ******* ballsy move on her part because, if true, she put her self in greater danger if he opened his instagram. If she had planned for that then fair play to her because she would have him dead to rights.

Good post overall. Sorry to be pedantic, but the Swans did acknowledge the rumours, they just didn't offer any comment until an investigation is carried out. They played it exactly right IMO, showing they take it seriously but not blaming anybody yet.
Totally agree. Effectively, this is bigger than football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back