Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a vaguely right-wing guy, (ie miles Ĺeft of Billy Clinton,) I would have to say this guy has been somehow red-pilled, and the scales have dropped from his eyes.

As a stock analyst hobbyist, he's still the alltime greatest BS'er I will ever see.
It's weird isn't it.

You have to ask, was he always like this or has money and influence gone to his head ?

If by "all" you mean "none". Don't be trashy, child abuse is not a political football. Anyone found guilty of it can get the noose as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately I don't we will ever find out who was truly involved and who was not when it comes to Epstein's trafficking racket.

Come on man, I’m just asking questions.

probably a touch late to this but i saw it at lunch time, i think that it's fascinating given just how much elon musk has given to hard right conservatives to tweet out this (which i've screenshot below on the offchance that he'll delete it) out about a holocaust survivor who has donated a fair chunk of cash to charities all over the world. now, one might wonder what prompted this (and the initial comparison that was made to magneto who i'd have to look up), and from a quick glance it seems like this might be the reason why!

1684228724957.png

man he's such a despicable termite, i hope the news about him being chummy (that was likely already common knowledge) with jeffery epstein causes him to face actual punishment for being a grifting fraud. i wish i had access to the * off amount of money that he did just so i could impose my own thoughts and feelings onto the stupid and dumb

Responses to tweets have been infiltrated by right wing nutters with Twitter Blue talking all sorts of bullshit. The block and mute buttons have been getting a workout.

Thanks Elon!

makes you wonder why a lot of US conservatives were hell bent on this being treated like a false flag by the evil leftists & not the terrorist act by a neo nazi that it was
I'm trying to think how many mass shootings there have been since they got their trans shooter ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the fights with labour and the disagreement with his waste of money on vanity projects when there was more urgent social spending needed and sucking up public grants and...

This desire to paint "the left" as some wishy washy mob without any solid platform of ideas is telling.

It's the political right that is entirely without ideals but for "I got mine".
It's no surprise your post was liked by several of the SRP's most prominent lefties.

Surely you noticed a change in the lefts attitude towards Elon after covid/twitter. It was cool to drive a Tesla before then, now...not so much.

It's no surprise your post was liked by several of the SRP's most prominent lefties.

Surely you noticed a change in the lefts attitude towards Elon after covid/twitter. It was cool to drive a Tesla before then, now...not so much.
i think people tolerated him, if anything. i personally think he's always been an egotistical capitalist who's only real contribution to society is using capital to invest in stuff that's good and then ruining it himself. he's always been a racist saffer and always will be. i'm shocked this was just one of likely countless different examples of racism within companies he owns/operates. anyone who was naive to fall for him probably thought he was some wunderkind inventor until he went off the deep end

i think people tolerated him, if anything. i personally think he's always been an egotistical capitalist who's only real contribution to society is using capital to invest in stuff that's good and then ruining it himself. he's always been a racist saffer and always will be. i'm shocked this was just one of likely countless different examples of racism within companies he owns/operates.
It's a bit harsh to blame Elon for individual examples of racism at Tesla unless you can tie them directly to him through cultural issues.
anyone who was naive to fall for him probably thought he was some wunderkind inventor until he went off the deep end
Did he go off the deep end or is this merely who he was and still is?

I personally dgaf about social views of the manufacturers CEO when I buy a car. I suspect a healthy majority of potential buyers feel the same as me.

It's a bit harsh to blame Elon for individual examples of racism at Tesla unless you can tie them directly to him through cultural issues.
i feel like if they found the company guilty of institutional and likely systemic racism, it'll start from somewhere in the company, and someone who was born to a fairly wealthy apartheid family before it was ended would likely have some very, very choice opinions on POCs.
Did he go off the deep end or is this merely who he was and still is?
i'd say it's who he always was, he just didn't desperately crave the attention and love of people who'll throw him to the dogs the moment they don't need him anymore.

At first I thought his shift from being a hero of progressives to being a hero of conservatives was some kind of 4D chess... like maybe he was still a leftie but wanted to get RWers on board with EVs and renewables. Or maybe he had a strong hunch that Desantis would be the next pres and was getting in early to benefit his companies.

Remember these days?

But there's really no defending many of his recent comments. It seems more likely that he's just another successful person who has become so surrounded by yes-men that he's wound up drinking his own bathwater.

It's like listening to Joe Rogan from 10 years ago, he was a pot smoking hippy leftie who argued for open borders and (later on) endorsed Bernie for pres. Do they put something in the water in the US that causes people to turn full Republican once they hit middle age??

There's a similar phenomenon within the arts that I touched on in another thread. We all have a band that we used to love but their last few albums have been dogshit. Success is a helluva drug, people stop listening to feedback because they're convinced that they know it all.

My only point of confusion here is the hate that Elon receives relative to other billionaires. There are oil barons and arms dealers out there making billions and receiving bugger all criticism, yet the EV / space tech guy cops the most hate.

Just to clarify, what specifically is your point here?

He marketed himself as a futurist and a progressive, and the way progressive/left wing people treated him was based on that. Most right wing people have no vision for the future, and most billionares don't seem to want to do something to prevent climate change; he seemed to do both.

Is it really any surprise that people with limited time to uncover the difference between his rhetoric and actions before they became public knowledge changed their minds when it came out?

Last edited:

You say that like its surprising. He became more outspoken, visible and specifically anti-left/pro-republican during that time. Bloke starts saying more stuff publicly that often ranges from trolling to outright bonkers, gets potted for it - seems about right to me? I hadn't taken much notice of him at all previously, think the first time I remember a WTF type reaction was when he accused that cave diver rescue bloke of being a pedo out of thin air, just as a personal example.

Just like Trump generating more discussion/outrage than previous POTUSs, I'm not sure why it's out of whack or particularly note worthy.

Last edited:

Everyone that doesn’t agree/align with you is a lefty, apparently.

Is it really any surprise that people with limited time to uncover the difference between his rhetoric and actions before they became public knowledge changed their minds when it came out?
DEFINITELY it is true that ALL LEFTIES have been behind Elon up until like last week.

The whole anti-Semitic dog whistling kind of turned me off him.

Before that it was Starlink screwing up our skies.

Before that it was the green-washing with Tesla.

Before that the crappy non-sensical infrastructure projects.

Before that it was the labour rights abuses.

Before that... OK I suppose PayPal was a cool innovation?

When he was just talking about spacex, ev’s, starlink, different ideas with hyperloop etc he was interesting

Then he opened his mouth as if we all needed to hear his politics, and it turns out he’s an immature dick who is also desperate to be liked by rwnjs & incels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back