Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

That is some bonafide micro penis insecurity right there.

"Free speech!!!" and "Comedy is back!!!" barely lasted a week until snowflakes feelings started getting hurt and the censorship hammer got pulled out.

Pathetic as it gets.
Elon is an even bigger cuck than the 4chan memebros who all of a sudden decided they now love global elite billionaires, it seems.

Kathy Griffen!!!

I'm sold!!
The biggest advantage of Mastodon is its independence and decentralisation, as opposed to new internet which siphons more and more power to fewer and fewer people.

Greta Thunberg has now joined, probably the most prominent person there. All it needs is a really big name like LeBron, and it could really take off. Although it's currently growing by as many users per hour as it would recently only manage in a week.

He decided to start banning parody accounts because they were ripping him to shreds.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is that what you call "ripping him to shreds" ?

No longer funny people copying eachother like children.

Griffin really seems to be upset. Making multiple accounts.

The whole having to join a server thing is going to stop it taking over from Twitter IMO.

Too technical for mass adoption.
I hear a lot of people say that, but really joining a server is a simple part of the signup process and doesn't limit anything.

Perhaps they could explain it better during registration so people aren't put off.

We'll see what happens when he sets up other revenue streams, its all advertising now.
Charging people to provide content they'd previously given gratis seems an odd plan to me and it seems to be about the sum total of his ideas going forward. I can only assume all the data he's getting is worth it.

It would be the opposite of a hostile takeover, the board wanted Musk to take control so bad, they sued him.
They got his cash on behalf of their shareholders. As they were required to do. No doubt big shareholders made their wishes known.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. But a hostile takeover is attempted against a board's objections.
They couldn't have objected and looked after their shareholders interests. As they are legally required to do.

It was so far above the valuation it would have been illegal for them to do anything else.

Absolutely. But a hostile takeover is attempted against a board's objections.
He fired the entire board though...
Also the thread was made in April when Musk was attempting a straightforward hostile takeover and the company was still using the poison pill defence (which is used in cases of hostile takeovers).

The final result fits with the traditional notion of a takeover directly hostile to the board, although I accept I was too strong in saying it was the definition as it ultimately turned out.

This was not a hostile takeover. The Board essentially forced him to go through with it. I'm not sure there's even a term for this type of takeover it's so unusual.

The OP posted this thread in April when the takeover was mooted without the approval of the board, the thread title hasn't been changed since then so hostile takeover was the correct and unbiased terminology at the time.

These attacks on the integrity of FireKrakouer are appalling and simply must stop!

Keep up. I'm just explained why it shouldn't be seen as hostile, just business.

Job cuts are usually the first move made by owners of new conpanies.

Not sure why this time it's twisting your knickers.
It sounds like you're not sure of what 'hostile' means in this context.

The OP posted this thread in April when the takeover was mooted without the approval of the board, the thread title hasn't been changed since then so hostile takeover was the correct and unbiased terminology at the time.

These attacks on the integrity of FireKrakouer are appalling and simply must stop!
I have consistently been vilified by the RWNJs on here over the years :'(

And there's people in the thread still claiming it was hostile.

So what's your point?

It was a hostile takeover that had progressed to the point he should have gone through with the purchase, but being the egotistical douchebag he is, he thought he could just go that far for the lols and then back out. Unfortunately for him, Twitter's board was required to accept the offer, then after doing so, obviously were going to compel him to go through with it on behalf of the shareholders.

That Elon is a moron who thought he could pretend to make a multi-billion dollar acquisition then back out at the last minute for spurious reasons and was ultimately forced to go through with it and is now staring down the prospect of losing billions because he has no idea what he's doing and isn't nearly the genius people think he is, that's a lol.

They got his cash on behalf of their shareholders. As they were required to do. No doubt big shareholders made their wishes known.

They couldn't have objected and looked after their shareholders interests. As they are legally required to do.

It was so far above the valuation it would have been illegal for them to do anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back