Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm commenting on a lack of ability to see something happening today and extrapolate that to work out what might happen tomorrow and tne day after

It's one of the key aspects of the frontal lobe expanding in evolution
It's a slippery slope argument... but the slope you're comparing it to is more of a sharp cliff, with murder.

It's a slippery slope argument... but the slope you're comparing it to is more of a sharp cliff, with murder.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Anyway this discussion is pointless for now. I'll retire from this thread until Adolf Dutton is elected PM and everyone here does a 180 and is crying about censorship and fascism. See y'all on the other side

What I got from this post .. you are standing there watching the first Jew be sent to the gas chamber and you say "I am still laughing at the idea 6 million Jews will be killed in the holocaust LOL."
Equating this with removal of a graphic video, about which people are free to talk anyway.

I'm commenting on a lack of ability to see something happening today and extrapolate that to work out what might happen tomorrow and tne day after

It's one of the key aspects of the frontal lobe expanding in evolution
You never know what's going to happen in history. If only young Adolf had been better at art etc.

Gassing Jews.

Removing a video of a stabbing.

Same same for you?
no we've moved onto $20 of KFC will make me fat which I already know from experience

How do you know that people don't trust the govt??
1) At least 500 protests have been staged across the city (Melbourne) over the past six months, with an average of 21 protests held in the CBD weekly.

The large-scale protest numbers indicate a public that isn't satisfied with government action.

2) ALP's primary vote of 32.6% was enough to win the last federal election, indicative of the two majors being on the nose with voters.

3) Anecdotal evidence, word on the street, social media.

I don't think it's fanboi as such.

But similar to Trump, they recognise his abilities to condone their racist/bigot/conspiracy views.

So have become supportive
I suggest you're looking at a small number of Australians who fit the mold.
I trust the Australian Govt over a billionaire like Musk or even the Meta owner.
I don't need to trust Musk to be on his side in this instance. The Aus government have gone overboard with censorship and other internet law, and a little pushback is a good thing.
I don't disagree, the quality of politican and the basic standards we expect of them are a symptom though

Yep, we need to tax miners more

But try getting that through parliament when people who would benefit disagree the most
Agree with all that.
No, but we acknowledge minimum standards of human decency so don't have to jump to the slippery slope fallacy when they make what appears to be a reasonable request.
Geoblocking content is a perfectly reasonable response. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

I suggest you're looking at a small number of Australians who fit the mold.

I don't need to trust Musk to be on his side in this instance. The Aus government have gone overboard with censorship and other internet law, and a little pushback is a good thing.

Agree with all that.

Geoblocking content is a perfectly reasonable response. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.
Media watch seem to agree with you

VPN = no longer geo-blocked. What then?
That's why I don't really care about geo-blocking, metadata laws, or copyright troll litigation. I disagree with a lot of internet law and support the loophole that VPN's provide.

1) At least 500 protests have been staged across the city (Melbourne) over the past six months, with an average of 21 protests held in the CBD weekly.

The large-scale protest numbers indicate a public that isn't satisfied with government action.
Dissatisfaction isn't about lack of trust

2) ALP's primary vote of 32.6% was enough to win the last federal election, indicative of the two majors being on the nose with voters.
Popularity isn't about trust
Anecdotes aren't evidence

You should have just linked treasury data

That's easily explained.
Cookers.

What about the other 25 million people?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.
Cookers are cookers.
So what you think only cookers distrust politicians?
Currently only about 50% of people trust them according to treasury data I don't think there are that many cookers

So what you think only cookers distrust politicians?
Currently only about 50% of people trust them according to treasury data I don't think there are that many cookers

Distrust of politicians has always been very high.
The question was about distrust of government.
A small distinction but a distinction nonetheless.

There is also a distinction between people protesting Palestine or climate and the cookers.
Climate and Palestinian protestors don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Cookers do.

Distrust of politicians has always been very high.
The question was about distrust of government.
A small distinction but a distinction nonetheless.

There is also a distinction between people protesting Palestine or climate and the cookers.
Climate and Palestinian protestors don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Cookers do.
Obviously you didn't read the link

When life gets hard

And the E safety commissioner takes away your last freedom of expression

What you gonna do

Another data breach for NSW Pubs and Clubs.

Hopefully some of the dickheads in Canberra (incl the e-safety Commissioner) have their details exposed so they think twice about requiring age verification for the internet.

If Canberra wants to be useful, enact law requiring businesses to delete personal information. Why do pubs and clubs need to capture and store your personal ID anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back