EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s always like that. Miserable bastard. Compare him to Sonny whose smile lights up the whole stadium

Looked pretty happy scoring against City recently
index.jpg

Looked pretty happy scoring against City recently
View attachment 791129

And Tottenham. It was a smile that lit up Anfield.

thumb_95925_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Nothing to do with the CL final, although obviously that didn’t help. I just don’t really like Liverpool, something about them I don’t like that I can’t explain. Perhaps it’s because I find them an arrogant bunch, and things like booing the national anthem says a lot about them. People are allowed to have pet likes and hates in life
I've got no doubt people will be booing the national anthem again after the FA/English National Team added fuel to the fire recently by refusing to play at Anfield because they support the s*n (who are banned from entering the premises). As well as English fans booing Joe Gomez even though he didn't do anything.

Nothing to do with the CL final, although obviously that didn’t help. I just don’t really like Liverpool, something about them I don’t like that I can’t explain. Perhaps it’s because I find them an arrogant bunch, and things like booing the national anthem says a lot about them. People are allowed to have pet likes and hates in life
Maybe the poor treatment of Liverpool by Conservative governments in the past highlighted by the Thatcher era where her governments policies led to poverty and high unemployment, has something to do with it.

Thatcher was urged to "abandon Liverpool to a fate of managed decline".

So there is underlying resentment being harboured to this day.

But of course opposition fans will accuse Scousers of playing the victim card. So be it.

Son's goal defies belief. The best solo EPL goal in years.

I just saw the highlights of the match. I saw Son make a short run and he ran passed a defender rather clumsily and I thought to myself, “What! Did he score here? This isn’t that impressive ?” (but nah, he missed with his shot and Lucas scored on the rebound). And then 10 seconds later, “What the hell was that? What an amazing goal. Possibly the greatest in Premier League history”.

It reminded me of Bruno Peres goal against Juventus.

I just saw the highlights of the match. I saw Son make a short run and he ran passed a defender rather clumsily and I thought to myself, “What! Did he score here? This isn’t that impressive ?” (but nah, he missed with his shot and Lucas scored on the rebound). And then 10 seconds later, “What the hell was that? What an amazing goal. Possibly the greatest in Premier League history”.
hahaha I thought the exact same thing.

As great as Son's goal was, what about Kane's? The technique on both of his was sublime.

I also found it interesting Salah barely celebrated after scoring. No smile or anything.
He went through patches like this last season when he wasn't scoring as many goals as his debut season. He knuckles down and gets super business like. He's obsessive about scoring goals. Looks like he has moved into business mode. Which is good for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wealy called Ross a dick the other day for celebrating a goal when the game was already won, yet when Salah respectfully doesn’t celebrate a late goal to make it 3-0 he’s just a miserable bastard. Funny that.
He hardly ever celebrates. You’ve found a few examples where he has, but generally he looks like he’s just found out someone is dicking his mrs. Not sure what Liverpool fans are getting so defensive about

I've got no doubt people will be booing the national anthem again after the FA/English National Team added fuel to the fire recently by refusing to play at Anfield because they support the s*n (who are banned from entering the premises). As well as English fans booing Joe Gomez even though he didn't do anything.
I don’t think it’s anything to do with that. They were booing the anthem long before the Gomez incident and the decision not to play England games at Anfield. Not sure why it is, but I doubt you’d get it from Everton fans so don’t believe it’s even related to the city but more to the club.

No need to be like that. Be like this:

Plus we can help exact revenge on Leicester for you from Season 15/16.

Seriously how old are you? That’s the sort of response I’d expect from a 12 year old

Maybe the poor treatment of Liverpool by Conservative governments in the past highlighted by the Thatcher era where her governments policies led to poverty and high unemployment, has something to do with it.

Thatcher was urged to "abandon Liverpool to a fate of managed decline".

So there is underlying resentment being harboured to this day.

But of course opposition fans will accuse Scousers of playing the victim card. So be it.
Thatcher left Government 30 years ago. Isn’t it time to move on? Besides, Liverpool was run by a Labour militant council in the 80’s, and it was they who the government of the day had problems with not the people of Liverpool.

As I said in a previous post, you don’t get this anti-English sentiment from Everton fans. It’s something that exists in your club rather than the city it seems

Remove this Banner Ad

Back