EPL Matchday 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I missing some rivalry?

Not the first time we’ve been mentioned by a leeds fan. Hardly our demographic for a rival.

You guys mistakingly think you are a bigger club than Leeds. :)

I have had a healthy dislike for all things Tottenham ever since you guys pinched George Graham off us as manager.

Really pissed me off seeing Robbie Keane (my favourite player in the last years of our top flight status) being sold to Spurs and starring there too.

Other than that, no issues with Spurs really :)

De Gea was rubbish at 20.

He’d made 50 appearances for Atletico by 20.

I thought he was quite good for Man Utd in his first season? It’s a while back now.

He’d made 50 appearances for Atletico by 20.

I thought he was quite good for Man Utd in his first season? It’s a while back now.

Nope, there were many questioning his signing and Ferguson had to defend him to give him time.

I’ll have to rewatch. I thought Klich was playing further back.

Villa fans taking Leeds start well.

Same accusations were levelled at Leicester City 😂

I just don’t know how PED’s can possibly aid in football ability. They aren’t track and field athletes. Weird thing is that Aston Villa are still above Leeds playing one less match. Should we be testing them too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope I am not too washed out with grog on Grand Final day/night to watch the Chelsea v Man Utd game :p
What a tasty fixture that is. Looking forward to West Ham and Man City too..

Still buzzing over the Leeds win so I am really enjoying my weekend stress free now :)

Just listened to Frank Lebouef and Steve Nicol talking about the game. You would have thought Leeds lost 6 nil.

Hope I am not too washed out with grog on Grand Final day/night to watch the Chelsea v Man Utd game :p
What a tasty fixture that is. Looking forward to West Ham and Man City too..

Still buzzing over the Leeds win so I am really enjoying my weekend stress free now :)
How are you this excited about one win?

Leeds march on. Very good result against an in-form Villa side.

You'd think this level of performances will drop off sooner or later, but if they make the most of it now while they can, it'd not affect them too much in the long run.

That’s it 100% - first priority for promoted clubs is avoiding the relegation scrap, and if 40 points is the approximate mark then we’re 25% of the way there already which is great

Obviously the step-up in quality from Championship to Premier league is significant, which the players may find more taxing.

That said, the championship is an absolute slog of 46 matches, and given the way we finished the season going full-pelt rather than running out of steam (both pre and post lockdown) I feel the “Bielsa teams run out of steam” theory has been at least partially debunked.

Regardless, team is a literal pleasure to watch at the moment, love that we’re going out to win every match and playing beautiful football in doing so. As a fan, can’t ask for too much more

As for last nights game:

- Shackleton: excellent PL debut. Wore Barkley like a glove and he had barely any influence. Tidy with the ball and involved in the 3rd goal

- Harrison: (with some Alioski help) gave Marty Cash an absolute bath (who was admittedly hung out to dry by Trezugeut). Fantastic game, equally happy putting in crosses as cutting inside which significantly raises his threat level

- Ayling: love him, excellent captains game. Goal-line clearance (and staying in the game) was brilliant after he’d been beaten by Watkins

- Bamford: tale of two halves, fluffed two very gettable chances in the first and then scores a 19’ hattrick. Numbers 2+3 top draw

- Meslier: two great saves, love his distribution both by hand and foot. Great composure for his age

- Raphinha: obviously didn’t see much, but that ball for Harrison at the end was the best pass of the game

- Klich: quietly putting together an excellent season. Perfect modern day box-to-box mid with just enough of an arsehole streak in him to be annoying to play against

- Bielsa: just been thinking that Bielsa-ball is an excellent fit for the current football meta

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back