Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

It hasn’t. That was the Hawks offer and there’s no articles specifically saying that port are offering that. Went over it earlier in the threat and not 1 single reference was provided and only referred to the Hawks offers.

Unless that’s changed in the last week or so but I doubt that.
Yet it keeps being used in here over and over - I thought I had missed it being released.

Rejecting a pick in the very late 30s or even 40s when there is only say 50 players taken isn’t a big risk for any club to weigh up. The old “you’ll end up with nothing” is hardly a disincentive on that deal. We miss the chance to choose btw what say 10 kids at the back of the draft.

Apart from the side swipe, I’m sure Geel do see Port as a contender so why would you give that potentially final piece to them for free. I’m sure he’d get to Port in the preseason draft (like 99% of players) but there are a lot of clubs including us looking for key defenders with the money to spend. Not to mention outside the expansion clubs most teams have an aversion to destroying a trading relationship for years down the track.

Nobody from Port seems to answer the question of what a player on 650k for 5 years should be worth? A player you beat out both Haw and Geel to obtain. Allegedly when Haw were offering even more.

I think we get that most people are anchored to what Esava was as a fwd and won’t change until they see 4 years of new evidence.
Why send him to the PSD?

We are willing to offer 24 in the ND so just send him there on a decent one year deal.

No one is taking him inside 24.

Just like Luke Ball back in the day.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rejecting a pick in the very late 30s or even 40s when there is only say 50 players taken isn’t a big risk for any club to weigh up. The old “you’ll end up with nothing” is hardly a disincentive on that deal. We miss the chance to choose btw what say 10 kids at the back of the draft.

Apart from the side swipe, I’m sure Geel do see Port as a contender so why would you give that potentially final piece to them for free. I’m sure he’d get to Port in the preseason draft (like 99% of players) but there are a lot of clubs including us looking for key defenders with the money to spend. Not to mention outside the expansion clubs most teams have an aversion to destroying a trading relationship for years down the track.

Nobody from Port seems to answer the question of what a player on 650k for 5 years should be worth? A player you beat out both Haw and Geel to obtain. Allegedly when Haw were offering even more.

I think we get that most people are anchored to what Esava was as a fwd and won’t change until they see 4 years of new evidence.
P.s. hes worth a pick in the 30s.

Us offering 24 is generous.

Why send him to the PSD?

We are willing to offer 24 in the ND so just send him there on a decent one year deal.

No one is taking him inside 24.

The team that has just lost their big key defender to free agency and are hoovering up a number of late first rounders that will end up around pick 20 on draft night might :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

P.s. hes worth a pick in the 30s.

Us offering 24 is generous.

There is seriously something wrong with the list management at Geelong.
Why would they argue about some steak knives to a fair and generous offer?

Maybe is it because there is a new sheriff in town who feels insecure and thinks he’s has to be a tuff guy by ripping off Club greats like Hawkins. I wonder what message it sends to his teammates when they see a scrooge manager's shoddy treating of a club champion.

I am sure Sav has noticed it; adding it to his own treatment two years in a row, it can only exert more influence on him to leave.
Geelong can reject pick 24 and send him to the PSD, where he may, or may not end up at Port.

Either way he will not be at Geelong next year alarming any future players who may be considering Geelong in the future.
Such short sightedness creates apprehension and uneasiness that will impact future trades for what gain, some steak-knives?
Compare that to Port’s attitude who historically have never stood in someones way if they thought their best footy may be elsewhere.

Either way he will not be at Geelong next year alarming any future players who may be considering Geelong in the future.
Such short sightedness creates apprehension and uneasiness that will impact future trades for what gain, some steak-knives?
Compare that to Port’s attitude who historically have never stood in someones way if they thought their best footy may be elsewhere.
People were saying the same thing about the stance we took with Tim Kelly but we turned him into Jeremy Cameron + change and then won a premiership not long after, our 4th in 17 years, and then used the change to poach Henry, Bruhn, Bowes + Pick 7. It's a competition and we're here to compete with each other, not strengthen rivals because they flashed a huge bag of cash in front of one of our players. If we lose him for nothing that's our issue, but our ability to attract players is arguably the best in the entire comp, much to the chagrin of most.

Maybe is it because there is a new sheriff in town who feels insecure and thinks he’s has to be a tuff guy by ripping off Club greats like Hawkins. I wonder what message it sends to his teammates when they see a scrooge manager's shoddy treating of a club champion.

I am sure Sav has noticed it; adding it to his own treatment two years in a row, it can only exert more influence on him to leave.
Geelong can reject pick 24 and send him to the PSD, where he may, or may not end up at Port.

Geelong have literally been a destination club forever and only you disagree. What are you talking about??

Sava treatment 2 years in a row? He wasn’t in our best team. De Koning and jack Henry were better key defenders than him. Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back