Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

First rounder for a bloke taken #49 and trialed as a defender without success before moving forward?
I think the Port fans are smoking some of that sh*t from Dances with Wolves.
Make that pick a bit later and swap the words 'forward' and 'defender' around and we have Esava. Except he's four years older, and uncontracted, and wants out.

The next step.. that's kicking a bag of goals in a final?

Cats fans seem certain that Ollie Lord can be steak-knives in this trade, but his trade value is comfortably the double of Esava's, and he's under contract.
There are plenty of young players have kicked bags in finals, then nothing comes from there career

Strange selection by Ken though to not play both ahead of a defender who could barely run... as one could have been switched to defence.

Also, if Finlayson wasn't going through personal issues, he would be ahead of Lord.
On paper he would yes but his form the last 4-5 weeks of the year was horrible that combined with Dickhead Dixons injuries meant Lord on form and structure was the best choice

Lord actually showed lots of promise this season imho should’ve kicked more early on if his technique and confidence wasn’t as bad as it was but he grew into it

People thinking with Dixon approaching the end and Georgie an unknown quantity Port will trade him lightly are mistaken

Any examples?
Sam Wediman was 20 or 21 years old against Geelong in 2018 Elimination Final at the G
Nathan Ablett kicked 3 in a Grand Final in 2007

Look im not saying he won't make it.. I bloody hope he does... But you can't say his worth round 1 pick after 1 brilliant game in a final ( im not saying you personally ).. To be fair its the only 1 brilliant game his played.. every club and there supporters think that there own club youthful kids are going to be better than all of the other clubs.. But Ollie Lord has potential... and most kids that have potential don't make to be stars.. he could still have a great career like Ben Brown has or a Rory Lobb.. but to have a great career like Jeremy Cameron and Tom Hawkins and Jack Reiwoldt and Josh Kennedy is very slim

Port fans: "Esava hasn't played every game in the best 22 so he's a spud worth peanuts"

Also Port fans: "Lord hasn't played every game in the best 22 but you need to cough up first rounder minimum for him!!"
Lord played trash and didn’t come on until late this year. Now he’s a legit replacement for Dixon. One is also contracted the other isn’t, so why would port accept unders when they don’t want to lose him?

Spitball time.

Wines and F1 for 8 and Esava?
Hard one to discuss because you want to be respectful of the player that Wines has been for Port and the level of emotional investment Port fans would have in the man. He probably has some great footy left in him. I just don't think there's any possibility that the value Port would want from him will match what Geelong would get from the equation. So I think it's best for everyone if we don't even address it. This thread is poisonous enough as it is.

Port fans: "Esava hasn't played every game in the best 22 so he's a spud worth peanuts"

Also Port fans: "Lord hasn't played every game in the best 22 but you need to cough up first rounder minimum for him!!"
Esava is 25 year old tall utility who has plugged holes all over the ground while remaining on the fringes for his entire career.

Lord is a 21 year old key forward who only broke into the team this year and proved himself on the big stage after just 13 senior games.

There's no comparison in their value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Esava is 25 year old tall utility who has plugged holes all over the ground while remaining on the fringes for his entire career.

Lord is a 21 year old key forward who only broke into the team this year and proved himself on the big stage after just 13 senior games.

There's no comparison in their value.
Lord broke into the team for one game and in retrospect should not have.

When Sav was 21 he had played 30 more games and kicked 3 goals in a semi final against the reigning premiers. The next year he had a 4 goal haul against Richmond. He would still be a best 22 forward at the cats if we didn't land the Cameron trade.

Lord is the same player at 21 that Sav was at 21, only Lord has already been trialled as a defender.

Did anyone here see the other final Lord played in? Was genuinely pathetic. He is well below average at SANFL level. I hope we pass

Did anyone here see the other final Lord played in? Was genuinely pathetic. He is well below average at SANFL level. I hope we pass
I actually like the kid, he's not going to die wondering and you can't teach attitude. But to be throwing him out there as somehow more than Sav is just fans over-valuing players they like

LoL

You need a KPD more than anyone.. So you will just throw that away??? He would probably rather stay at Geelong before going through the PSD... We could sign him for 1 year and he becomes a FA...
Why, if he puts a price on his contract that he's happy for another club to pick up then good for him, he's shown very clearly that he's wanting out of Geelong.

Why, if he puts a price on his contract that he's happy for another club to pick up then good for him, he's shown very clearly that he's wanting out of Geelong.

The funny thing about the PSD threat is Port lose out more than Geelong... 37 is a garbage pick in this years shallow draft...

The funny thing about the PSD threat is Port lose out more than Geelong... 37 is a garbage pick in this years shallow draft...
I don't think it will end up going down the psd route but your comment simply isn't true. Geelong could lose a player they want a 1st rounder for for zilch where Port could not end up with a player we have never had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back