Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Outrage, outrage, outrage. Might as well be a currency on BF, the amount that we trade in it.

I posted a tongue in cheek thing on Monday saying 'Mack asks for 22 and Ollie Lord for Sav and Future 3rd ; *thread implodes' - and now it's basically happened.

The thing is, as many clubs do, we're asking the question and trying to extract maximum value. If Lord as Edmund has just reported, is not interested, then we move on and go back to the pick. If he is interested, then we plant the seed to look at him if he stays OOC next year.

At the end of the day, Pick 24 is more than fair, and no sane person in this thread or elsewhere is arguing that (Chris Scott is not included, because as I have posted multiple times - he has an extremely unhealthy attachment to Sav :tearsofjoy: )

With all of this said, there was an interview done with Sav's manager that said he thought the deal would get done, but that it wouldn't be done until late in the piece, as there was no reason for either party to just get it done straight away with such a long period of time left in the trade period.

This is the real problem here. List managers screw around because they've got so much time to do so. If trade period was 3-5 days, list managers would be forced to do the deals in a shorter time frame. As it stands though, the AFL love their ad revenue, so we have to withstand nearly 3 effing weeks of trade radio, and 10 days of trade period.

It'll get done for 24 in the end, and pick swaps going either way. It's all BS, and this always happens...and everyone always gets so outraged...just like the AFL media wants you to be to keep you listening, lol.

Let's hope Port come to the table with a suitable offer soon. For the second year in a row they've thrown big money at an opposition player yet failed to get the deal done in a timely manner. You just have to wonder if this will have serious repercussions down the line with players nominating them as their preferred destination knowing that there's a real chance they'll fumble come the trade period and leave them in limbo.
(This is what we're doing now right?)
This is too funny 😂 so Port is holding this up? Delusional lol 24 is far more than Port should pay and there are so many reasons why - not contracted, a player who has never cemented a position at the Cats etc etc It has become an absolute circus - even all the posturing from Scott before the trade period was embarrassing.
My 2 cents as a neutral

This is too funny 😂 so Port is holding this up? Delusional lol 24 is far more than Port should pay and there are so many reasons why - not contracted, a player who has never cemented a position at the Cats etc etc It has become an absolute circus - even all the posturing from Scott before the trade period was embarrassing.
My 2 cents as a neutral
Again, what's funnier is Port trading out for 24 without asking Geelong first if they'd even accept it, and then acting shocked when it's rebuffed. Put it down to a learning experience for the Port fella, and maybe next time pick up the phone and get some sort of assurance before you go and trade your F1.

No.

Because I don't think we will have those picks on draft night anyway.

There's actually a chance Geelong hold them imo.
Hope so. Another 1 year deal. Another 22 games. Then we will get a 1st round pick after our own next year in free agency. That is Geelongs big mistake. Should never allow your talls to be out of contract a year before RFA. Mackie and Wells really dropped the ball there.

I literally cannot believe the nuffies that keep trotting out “isn’t best 22”. If that was the case WTF are port doing offering mega contracts to SANFL players.

It will end up being a similar deal to the Jordan Clark deal

Last edited:
Again, what's funnier is Port trading out for 24 without asking Geelong first if they'd even accept it, and then acting shocked when it's rebuffed. Put it down to a learning experience for the Port fella, and maybe next time pick up the phone and get some sort of assurance before you go and trade your F1.
Yeah we actually did the exact same thing with Oliver Henry last year when we sourced pick 25 (at great expense) and then got rejected. They have actually progressed the negotiation. They don’t have their future pick and that’s the end of that conversation. Like Geelong with Henry and Freo with Clark it’s now just shaving the edge of the deal with the best pick they have. Which will 100% happen.

There will be a swap of late Futures added late next Wed on TV and everyone will carry on.

Last edited:

All good as the media have reported, Port filthy at Mackie turning into a worse than Dodoro type operator saying they'll pull him through the national draft.

Bit of pull from both sides with that being the case. Mackie being unreasonable and Davies then putting the PSD/National Draft threat well into the air.

It'll get done for pick 24 or walked through the draft and using that pick anyway.

Whether Geelong wants it or not is up to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong didn't have Esava in their best side not sure they can demand the world for him imo.

Read...the damn...thread.

This is getting ridiculous how much this line is getting trotted out - on here and in the media.

I don't even care what people think he's worth, I'm just sick of hearing that a player who was 2nd in our B+F at the halfway mark of the season, who then got injured, came back for two games got dropped for 2 and then injured for another 2, is somehow 'not in our best side.'

If he wasn't in our best side, we wouldn't have played him for 16 out of a possible 18 games for the season.

Outrage, outrage, outrage. Might as well be a currency on BF, the amount that we trade in it.

I posted a tongue in cheek thing on Monday saying 'Mack asks for 22 and Ollie Lord for Sav and Future 3rd ; *thread implodes' - and now it's basically happened.

The thing is, as many clubs do, we're asking the question and trying to extract maximum value. If Lord as Edmund has just reported, is not interested, then we move on and go back to the pick. If he is interested, then we plant the seed to look at him if he stays OOC next year.

At the end of the day, Pick 24 is more than fair, and no sane person in this thread or elsewhere is arguing that (Chris Scott is not included, because as I have posted multiple times - he has an extremely unhealthy attachment to Sav :tearsofjoy: )

With all of this said, there was an interview done with Sav's manager that said he thought the deal would get done, but that it wouldn't be done until late in the piece, as there was no reason for either party to just get it done straight away with such a long period of time left in the trade period.

This is the real problem here. List managers screw around because they've got so much time to do so. If trade period was 3-5 days, list managers would be forced to do the deals in a shorter time frame. As it stands though, the AFL love their ad revenue, so we have to withstand nearly 3 effing weeks of trade radio, and 10 days of trade period.

It'll get done for 24 in the end, and pick swaps going either way. It's all BS, and this always happens...and everyone always gets so outraged...just like the AFL media wants you to be to keep you listening, lol.
16 other clubs will be disappointed if Esava leaves Geelong.

This is getting ridiculous how much this line is getting trotted out - on here and in the media.

I don't even care what people think he's worth, I'm just sick of hearing that a player who was 2nd in our B+F at the halfway mark of the season, who then got injured, came back for two games got dropped for 2 and then injured for another 2, is somehow 'not in our best side.'

If he wasn't in our best side, we wouldn't have played him for 16 out of a possible 18 games for the season.
This guy was actually running 2nd in your B&F? And got dropped for a couple of games?
No surprise you didn't look like making finals.

Or if you look at it another way, he played 5 of the 11 games when Jack Henry was fit. If 3 of those games Henry was moved out of the backline to accommodate him as they couldn't work out how to fit them both in the team

Last edited:
If Geelong were so keen on having the family talent at the club, perhaps they should have actually drafted him themselves. After all, they had a pick 2 spots before him.

They obviously didn’t rate him at all so playing the family card might not hold much relevance for Ollie after they overlooked him multiple times.

They did the same with Henry and Bruhn who are Geelong boys. Didn’t draft them then pinched them a year later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back