Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't agree this.

For Essendon it will be "the loss they had to have" before their meteoric rise to premiership glory.

If Carlton somehow manages to win I put it down to pot luck.
It’s the showdown between the two premiership favourites. It only ends one way - ultimate glory for the winner and yet more tears for the loser.

Winning close ones against bottom 6 teams.

Looking forward to it stacking up against good sides.

Collingwood are 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses against teams above them so far.

Thats Mediocre. No cattle left. Will limp into the finals potentially but this isn't their year.
I'm glad you're not providing motivational talks to the club. The record against teams in March/April means fuclk all come September, its the fact the Pies wont likely finish top 4 so its not looking great. Although after being 0-3 and then not losing since i cant keep up with the narrative. Dons look good though to keep on track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat the undefeated in Queensland Suns or the high flying Blues in front of a suspected 90,000 and the wider AFL community will finally take us seriously.

Nah they won't because they'll be out the 8 (even if because of losing to us)

In the next 4 weeks we will know if they are top 4 or bottom of the top 8. I suspect 7th or 8th, but the way so many teams are playing at the moment they may lose a few they should win, but all the teams around them do the same.
I reckon most of our fans are pretty realistic that we arent a top 4 team.
I think sneaking into 8 would still be a good season but 5/6th and getting a home final should be the aim and considering what we were expecting before the season started, thats a great achievement.
But yeah other than eagles at home the next 6 games is when we will really see where they are.

They have a bit of a weird funny draw in the second half of the season.

A real tough stretch - on paper, at least - for the next 6 weeks, then easing off significantly after that before 2 hard games in the final two rounds.

rest of the season should be about preserving a stable energy factor, not thrashing teams until the finals begin, at least...

Movie Reaction GIF by BlueStacks

I'm glad you're not providing motivational talks to the club. The record against teams in March/April means fuclk all come September, its the fact the Pies wont likely finish top 4 so its not looking great. Although after being 0-3 and then not losing since i cant keep up with the narrative. Dons look good though to keep on track

These comments contradict each other.

Unfortuantely the 3-0 start is going to bite them considering they will have about 20 fit players soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back