Workshop Essendon Logo Concept

Remove this Banner Ad

I think for once Mr Eagle, you might be wrong:D

donsconcept3.jpg

OMG THEY'RE DROPPING BUNNIES TO THEIR DEATH YOU MONSTERS!!!!!!!

No I think I'm right ;)

You just had to include the bunny, didn't you?
Aside from that it looks much better. I'd replace "Reign From Above" with "Football Club" or maybe "Suaviter in Modo, Fortiter in Re". Maybe also get rid of the screws to make the bomber bigger and reposition the "Essendon" a bit diagonally over the bomber (it wouldn't really matter if you didn't though).

I think the current will last for a very long time, but if I were to change it, I would only modify the current one like this :D

Essendon.jpg

OK, I've lightened the grey areas, fixed the text overhangs, and added a highlight to the wing (it looked a bit flat to me).

donsconcept2.jpg

Don't change a thing now.
Re: the bomb: if they're going to be called the Bombers, live with the bomb. Otherwise EFC should change to the Jets or Seekers or Skyraiders or something.

Can't believe people are saying to get rid of little things like the screws - that's what makes this logo what it is!

Re: the bomb: if they're going to be called the Bombers, live with the bomb. Otherwise EFC should change to the Jets or Seekers or Skyraiders or something.

Can't believe people are saying to get rid of little things like the screws - that's what makes this logo what it is!

I just think the logo looks a lot more balanced when the bomber is in the centre. Although it also looked a bit small so making it bigger and going over the screws would be the best way of fixing the issue (although it is a very minor issue so I don't mind either way). And the bomb doesn't really feel needed, it's really just a nice touch.

Brothashane, would you mind doing some crest designs for other AFL clubs? In History today I was sketching / thinking about a much needed Essendon and Western Bulldogs update. I believe the Bulldogs should revert to the old, two-band jumper, with the Footscray name for next season. Do you reckon you could splash something up with that?

Also, a Lions logo as well, but with the old Fitzroy lion.

Please and thank you. I am a fan of your stuff.

Hey man, yeah sure, ill put em up on the next post. I think im well ahead of you tho, I already drew doggies and the lions up acouple weeks ago, just didnt actually know how to paste them on a post, have fun checkin my work out :D and sure ill give it a shot, I'm working on the NBA soon.. I might post some of those concepts up on here also :D oh and thanks for being my first fan lol :D

Aye, the bullies one looks great. Unmistakably Footscray. The bulldog actually has some intimidation to it, as opposed to the current 'futuristic' bulldog.

Well that's the thing. The bomb is also a type of tactical kicking; so the Bomber's name still refers to the game. No need to change the name... just the logo.

That bulldogs logo is the best I've seen on here I reckon. Traditional but modern, uses all the elements it needs to without looking overcrowded. Absolutely brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i love all the designs mowse and brothashane88 , do you recon one of you could do one for every team , lyk mowse did for the mascots??? i know it would take a while but im sure everyone on the thread would REALLY REALLY REALLy apreciate it:thumbsu:

i love all the designs mowse and brothashane88 , do you recon one of you could do one for every team , lyk mowse did for the mascots??? i know it would take a while but im sure everyone on the thread would REALLY REALLY REALLy apreciate it:thumbsu:

Hey man yeah ive already worked on most of the AFL clubs, just the clubs I havent done is, Nth Melb, Adelaide, Port, Hawthorn, Geelong, and Sydney. ill come up with something ill get it done sometime :D thanks for liking also :thumbsu:

Football needs some shading to match the depth of the dog. Great otherwise.

Yeah i was thinking about that actually.. but i saw some other guy did that with his bulldogs concept and i thought if i did that he would thinking im ripping his off so i left the ball the way it is.. but ill touch it up :) :thumbsu:

With the ball shaded. :)

Western-Bulldogs.jpg

if you cant see the ball shaded on here just go straight to this link :)

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x367/brothashane88/AFL Logo Designs/Western-Bulldogs.jpg

I was wanting to do something like this with a modern version of the old bulldog. Sadly my lack of drawing skill got in the way. I'm glad you did it though because it looks great.
Personally I think the bulldogs should have a big "back to basics" re-branding with this kind of logo, their old jumper (which is featured on your logo) and the name "Footscray".
Their current logo, jumper and name are too dated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back