Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
It's game day people. First game against the Bombers for the regular season and a team we are yet to beat ever. Hard to know where to put the Bombers, who much like us have had their ups and downs in 2014

Keep the chat clean, Bluey bashing to a minimum and hopefully, cheer on the SUNS to another historical victory

Prediction - SUNS finally get the fast start missing for a month or two and hold on to win by 15 points.

I do like him as sub, but on the fast running pitch of Etihad stadium he could be better suited to a full game.

Would not be objective to Sumner getting it
You'd think so but he was really, really poor at Etihad 2 weeks back. As much as Bluey denied it during the week, a few are playing for their lives, Shaw included.
Expect the boys to have a real crack but a 4-5 goal loss I'm tipping. Chapman, Goddard, Ryder, Watson too much experience for our boys at this stage.

Not to be too downbeat but the team selection really disappointed me this week
Either the Club was a bit over enthusiastic at review of last week's games (we were just lucky Port couldn't convert their massive inside 50 differential IMO) or we are "tanking"...inasmuch as the Club has put the cue in the rack and is giving players like Sumner another opportunity to show their stuff before end of season.(IIRC Mav Weller Jacob Gilbee and Joel Wilkinson got the last couple of games prior to delisting)
Just hope for a real in and under performance today.
Ball extraction and defensive pressure
No-one minds positive errors but not laying tackles and not run run running will burn my guts

I reckon Bombers by 6-8 goals, expecting their experienced players to stand up now we are at the business end of the season. Mr 3 possession Sumner better be the bloody sub, doesn't deserve to start on the ground after last week... Shouldn't have been picked. Stupid injury list. Grrrrr

Let's see how many passengers we have today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think Etihad would suit us, but the only game we really took off in was the North one where we nearly got overrun.
Chapman Goddard Stanton Winderlich and Watson will bully us all day and Ryder will likely get the 3 votes with limited opposition
How we respond will be a measure of how we are travelling as a group I reckon
Essendon by 60+ points I'm afraid
Any less than 20 will be a win for us with this team at this time of the year at Etihad

Not expecting too much today.. would like to see Bluey to experiment a bit today with roles. I want to see Jesse Lonergan given a game where he isnt given such a defensive role, I would like to seem him just hunt the footy and try to make someone accountable for him, I think he could be used as quite an attacking player.

I give us no chance

Best case scenario we mirror the Port game in terms of an early start which quickly disappears as Ess get their groove on

No rain to numb the pain today

Not expecting too much today.. would like to see Bluey to experiment a bit today with roles. I want to see Jesse Lonergan given a game where he isnt given such a defensive role, I would like to seem him just hunt the footy and try to make someone accountable for him, I think he could be used as quite an attacking player.

Amen to that... Don't think we have seen him have more then 20 touches??
I could be wrong..
Must be a reason he went pick 13, just haven't seen it yet!!

What happens if...
Jack Leslie.. Beats his opposition player down back for 3qtrs and then Goes up forward in the last qtr and kicks 2 goals...
And Sam day gets 4 touches and no goals??
Looks like Day is named at Centre Half Back. Cameron playing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back