Preview Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 01/07/18 @ 3:20 PM

Who will concede more goals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see anyone who was screaming out pick me for the firsts today. Hartley was good but no Hooker or Hurley. Hind was pretty good. Clarke could come in if someone got injured. I really like what Green did. Also enjoyed the umpiring which I didn't notice at all for a nice change.

Didn't see anyone who was screaming out pick me for the firsts today. Hartley was good but no Hooker or Hurley. Hind was pretty good. Clarke could come in if someone got injured. I really like what Green did. Also enjoyed the umpiring which I didn't notice at all for a nice change.
Hind can't play seniors.

BerZerk!

When has Colyer ever offered anything defensively?

A replacement for Green, as an improvement, sets the bar so low that it's not worth talking about.
He's not that bad. He averages 3 tackles a game. A few seasons ago he won a few games off his own boot by taking the game on. He is very quick.

Swans tag him each time we play them to stop his run. He tore them apart through the midfield late in a couple of games at Etihad.

He is a 26yo that had 12 months forced suspension.

He's not that bad. He averages 3 tackles a game. A few seasons ago he won a few games off his own boot by taking the game on. He is very quick.

Swans tag him each time we play them to stop his run. He tore them apart through the midfield late in a couple of games at Etihad.

Yep I think he can definitely improve now we have fixed our ball movement issue. He's no Fantasia but could be a two goal a game forward easy

My issue is not the player colyer was but what he is now.

Long has outperformed him in the VFL and colyer is coming in underdone. If we dont reward form in the twos and pick seniority for senirority sake then players dont have any incentive to work hard. Look at how many debutants geelong and sydney have and tell me different.

My issue is not the player colyer was but what he is now.

Long has outperformed him in the VFL and colyer is coming in underdone. If we dont reward form in the twos and pick seniority for senirority sake then players dont have any incentive to work hard. Look at how many debutants geelong and sydney have and tell me different.
Long as a small forward to replace Green? He's kicked four goals in the vfl.. This year. That's half what Green has kicked in the seniors. Hardly screaming out to get selected.

Long as a small forward to replace Green? He's kicked four goals in the vfl.. This year. That's half what Green has kicked in the seniors. Hardly screaming out to get selected.
Maybe read my post first. You will see i never referenced Long as a small forward. I stated he played wing/hf.
Kinda like the position colyer will play at AFL level this week most likely with fanta and walla deep.

But hey, details eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe read my post first. You will see i never referenced Long as a small forward. I stated he played wing/hf.
Kinda like the position colyer will play at AFL level this week most likely with fanta and walla deep.

But hey, details eh?
Like for like is why Colyer is in though.

Colyer is such a classic Essendon 'in'. He played a handful of solid games a few years back - which some fans will cling to as though it means something. He's a mature body - he's almost 27-years so his VFL form doesn't need to be great. He's absolutely tiny - so he will fit in with our army of undersized midfielders.

It's so uninspiring when you finally omit an extraordinary limited footballer such as Green to include an extraordinary limited footballer such as Colyer. And we have enjoyed so little success over the past 15-years that a small number of fans will convince themselves that Colyer is a useful point of difference. In reality, he is a 27-year old so we've probably seen his best footy and even then he peaked as an okayish role player. Unless the team is absolute wrecked by injuries there is no justification for considering a player like Colyer for senior selection, particularly when his VFL form is hardly inspiring.

S

But hey, details eh?
Orry my mistake. I thought they brought him in for Green.

Colyer is such a classic Essendon 'in'. He played a handful of solid games a few years back - which some fans will cling to as though it means something. He's a mature body - he's almost 27-years so his VFL form doesn't need to be great. He's absolutely tiny - so he will fit in with our army of undersized midfielders.

It's so uninspiring when you finally omit an extraordinary limited footballer such as Green to include an extraordinary limited footballer such as Colyer. And we have enjoyed so little success over the past 15-years that a small number of fans will convince themselves that Colyer is a useful point of difference. In reality, he is a 27-year old so we've probably seen his best footy and even then he peaked as an okayish role player. Unless the team is absolute wrecked by injuries there is no justification for considering a player like Colyer for senior selection, particularly when his VFL form is hardly inspiring.

I think you are being a little harsh on Colyer.
People are forgetting what he is capable of.

Meh. Phone app spaz sorry. Yes I get you Thegrizz. Didnt see that you suggested that. Wasn't trying to have a go. Like for like Green v Long v Colyer I'd alway go Trav. Up the feild a different story. Let's just home we smash them

I’m leading my footy tipping comp at the moment, of 30 participants. Frankly I’ve been talking a bit of s**t so let’s not have me fall off the top, cheers Dons.
I think I’ve got about 3 tips right in games involving Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back