Father/Sons and the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

NavyBlueBlood

Senior List
Feb 15, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi all you Blues fans,

Has anyone heard of the potential of any of these sons of Carlton's legends which I have been hearing about, being Mike Fitzpatrick's son and Wayne Blackwell's son. Are they eligible for the draft this year and likely to be picked up?

On the other note, I believe we will go out and out to get a ruckman as I beleive that is where our deficiency lies. And wouldn't it be great of we snagged Goddard too to take a key defensive position too!!

Unfortunately if we finish too high up on the ladder, we have a very low chance of bringing goddard to the club. I'm sure if we had first or 2nd pick in the PSD we'd be able to bring him over, but if we have 6th pick in the PSD, Brendan wouldnt want to risk being taken by Adelaide etc

From what ive heard, Blackwell is almost a certainty to be picked - hopefully he can train with us during the bye week

Originally posted by Bojangles17
I wouldn't be too concerned about that , i think your performances will take care of that
Nice try but sitting at 5-7 as we are the chances of getting pick one or two in the draft or the preseason draft are slim. If we lose every game from here in, we might get there but the others below will have to win a couple here and there. It is still a possibility but on efforts so far it is unlikely or do you think our 5 wins so far suggest we will lose our next 10 games and come last?

from what i understand there is a set date and clubs can have players train with them from that date onwards
i also believe they are limited in the number of sesions they are allowed to attend before the draft

What about The Dominators sons...I'm sure I read somewhere recently that the eldest of his sons is pretty close to draft age. Surely he would get the no. 7 gurnsey!

Originally posted by Badabing
What about The Dominators sons...I'm sure I read somewhere recently that the eldest of his sons is pretty close to draft age. Surely he would get the no. 7 gurnsey!
Dominators oldest son apparently plays u/16's so another year or two

Originally posted by jaybee
from what i understand there is a set date and clubs can have players train with them from that date onwards
i also believe they are limited in the number of sesions they are allowed to attend before the draft
Have to wait till after the u/18 carnival which finishes mid July

Originally posted by NavyBlueBlood
Has anyone heard of the potential of any of these sons of Carlton's legends which I have been hearing about, being Mike Fitzpatrick's son and Wayne Blackwell's son. Are they eligible for the draft this year and likely to be picked up?
Blackwell would be a absolute certainty to be drafted father/son, heard some very good things about Blackwell. As for Fitzpatrick im not sure he will get picked up, might be given a Rookie spot.

I know Mike and his son... he's too worried about VCE at the moment, but he doesn't seem too confident, at least when I asked him.

He's playing CHF for Oakleigh Chargers (TAC U/18) I think... he's tall and strong... had a knee injury a few years back.

Don't think he's incredibly mobile... but I haven't seen him play for a while.

Not as tall as his dad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back