Opinion Former Richmond players that could of been stars but didn't quite get there

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t blame that for Hughes , lacked the hardness a good key needs , never looked like it out side of two games

the 2 games just happened to be before the polak incident (or at least the same month of)

So much hope of forward success was put on Polak, Hughes, Post & Griffiths around that time.

In retrospect. Griffiths had so many attributes as well that we all thought would eventually translate

Brad Gwilliam - tore his ACL in his fourth game for us when he ran into the goal post in 92. If I remember correctly in those first three games he looked like he could have been our long term full back, but never played again.
Stuart Wigney - broke his ankle in the same game Richo did his knee up in Sydney in 95. Came back for the finals but only played 2 more games for us in 96. Prior to breaking his ankle it looked like he was going to be a really good attacking key back.

John Pitura was a star at South Melbourne. Richmond gave South three palyers - Francis Jackson, Graham Teasdale and Brian Roberts - and who knows what else to get him in 1975. Played some serviceable games but never really hit the heights that was expected.

Andrew Collins looked a pretty decent talent until Carlton ruined him. Good overhead for his size, was willing to put his body on the line and was a good finisher from memory.

Andrew Collins looked a pretty decent talent until Carlton ruined him. Good overhead for his size, was willing to put his body on the line and was a good finisher from memory.
Yeah originally I thought we got ripped off with the trade him for Grigg. I think we ended up winning in the end. I think injuries ruined Collins, he did look classy at times.

Ummm...Laurie Fowler, Butch Edwards, Brad Ottens, Graham Teasdale, Graham Gaunt, Stuart Maxfield, Frank Dimattina, Craig McKellar...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back