Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what can we offer

post-1039-144598970924.jpg

image.jpg

grundy.jpg

Wait, what?

Brisbane is a good place to live. The reality is that Brisbane isn't for everybody. I am very annoyed that this keeps happening to us but if Josh isn't happy here then all I want is to get a bloody good deal when we trade him to a VFL club.

You do seem to be a bit keen to make harsh character assessments from second and third hand information.

He's 19 years old.
I would say this whole big footy thing is based on assumptions. How many posts are backed up with facts? Maybe he needs to weigh up his life at 19 compared to others maybe then he will realise living in q land doing something you love for a truck load of cash is really not too bad.

I would say this whole big footy thing is based on assumptions. How many posts are backed up with facts? Maybe he needs to weigh up his life at 19 compared to others maybe then he will realise living in q land doing something you love for a truck load of cash is really not too bad.

Yeah but the choice isn't "doing something you love for a truckload of cash" vs "nothing.

It's "doing something you love for a truckload of cash" vs "doing something you love for a truckload of cash plus being close to mum and your mates".

Not so easy to judge when looked at like that.

How many people here at 19 moved interstate away from their mum and dad. I did not move out to 23 :) I know some people home to late 20's

True but as was mentioned earlier, people who are feted for most of their young lives as 'elite athletes' tend to take every opportunity to maximise their chances of success.

Just look at how many dabble in performance supplements to give you some idea of what they are willing to do to be a success.

That and we just can't offer an environment of elite facilities or extra circular earnings that other states can.

Come to the Lions, travel more, never train on your home ground, use the gym in shifts, have few chances in the media, sponsorships or endorsements.

Yeo seemed happy till the Eagles rolled out the red carpet and every other club is now following suit.

We are the runt of the litter at the moment and even 19 year olds can tell this.

Its interesting in my industry that our overarching employer has difficulty getting people to head to rural areas to begin their careers. For some it is simply not an option due to partners having stable and well paid jobs in the city, family considerations, health etc. However for others its simply a case of not wanting to make the move away from an urban area. Being away from friends and family as well as a variety of lifestyle issues stop many from taking up the challenge. The challenge, however, of heading to those rural areas is more often than not very rewarding. I am yet to have someone from my industry who made their start in a rural area tell me it was the worst years of their life. In fact quite the opposite.
I guess the parallel here is that if young players are prepared to give it a go and open themselves up to their new location, the rewards are there. Brisbane and by extention Queensland and Northern NSW are fantastic places to live. The beer is cold, the girls are gorgeous, the beaches are beautiful. The people are relaxed, the weathers great and there is a multitude of outdoor activites to be involved in. Enjoy!

Who here will be earning over half a mil a year at 20?

It's a different world.
Money is one thing although at 19 your moved to a different state all that you had familiar is gone.
Your then got pressure on you as the side your gone to is crap so your dropped in the deep end.
If he goes to the Tigers still think Jack will get the #1 defender

How does that stop the cycle of our early picks leaving after 2 or 3 years?
It doesn't but it gains value to the club. Instead of giving up a top 2 pick for a say top 15 pick then in 2 years that player goes for 2nd rounder we still keep value and maybe just maybe we get a player who might just stay.

I'll be really disappointed if he is personally headhunting Schache.

Remember when we were holding out hope that Leppa could/would influence Rance to come to the Lions? Think Rance may have been out of contract at the end of 2013 season ( or maybe 2014?)

Leppa was a model of moral rectitude and ethics at the time and consistently refuted the suggestion that Rance was on the radar. They had just "remained friends" if I recall correctly.

So yes, if it transpires that Leppa is using his influence with Schache to prise him out of our club, it would be hypocritical and two faced in the extreme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't but at least it stops us losing them for a pittance.

The big problem with this proposal is that it helps the rich get even richer. They could start picking off good kids AND keep their picks (allowing the AFL to compensate us instead).

So yeah, pass.
The AFL seem keen on that format anyway, but your right, the AFL should penalise any club who uses free agency. If a free agent is picked up by a club, it should forfeit a pick to the club loosing that player as compensation ( instead of extra picks). Even though this would technically be a trade, the pick would be determined by the AFL using the same formula that they use to determine the compensation pick. This would effectively stop extra picks in drafts, which would allow the draft to work as it was intended( uncompromised) and would stop other teams paying the price for anothers gain.

It is an interesting one, the club will be concerned if he leaves due to perception about Brisbane being the pit stop club. Deep down, if we can get another top 10 pick, say Carlton's 1st and 3rd pick, we will end up with Pick 1, 4-6, 13-15, 19-22, in this draft, we will load up on elite midfield talent and speed. Between Hipwood, Close, Walker, Hammer and Ballandean we will feel like our forward line has enough depth to cover the loss of Schache.

How many people here at 19 moved interstate away from their mum and dad. I did not move out to 23 :) I know some people home to late 20's

I was 17 when I moved interstate. No family in qld. and phone calls were way to expensive to talk for anything more than 5 minutes a fortnight.

It was a blast and it would have been very different if my family were here. Don't regret the move but do regret that I wasn't able to bring them with me cause my mum died a couple of years after I moved.

Like I said previously, death of a young parent suddenly can leave you a bit broken. Schache has had a wonderful opportunity but be doesn't seem to be able to make it work. Might not work anywhere.

I was 17 when I moved interstate. No family in qld. and phone calls were way to expensive to talk for anything more than 5 minutes a fortnight.

It was a blast and it would have been very different if my family were here. Don't regret the move but do regret that I wasn't able to bring them with me cause my mum died a couple of years after I moved.

Like I said previously, death of a young parent suddenly can leave you a bit broken. Schache has had a wonderful opportunity but be doesn't seem to be able to make it work. Might not work anywhere.

What a miserable loser this poster is. Its fun Friday - beer and laugh time not this drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back