Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some mail from a close contact. Nothing new but affirms what others in here said months ago.

The club made Beveridge an offer to leave at the end of last season and he refused to take it. Reasons unknown for why we didn't pay him out.

Beveridge's contract absorbs a disproportionately large amount of our soft cap compared with other clubs. Which is why we've lost good assistants and replaced them with spuds.

The relationship between Grant and Beveridge is as bad as is being reported in the press.

Smith is as good as gone to Geelong.

I'm not spending much time on BF these days. I'm as fatigued and disenchanted as many of you. So unlikely to reply to responses. Nothing personal. Have nothing to add anyway. Cheers.

Some mail from a close contact. Nothing new but affirms what others in here said months ago.

The club made Beveridge an offer to leave at the end of last season and he refused to take it. Reasons unknown for why we didn't pay him out.

Beveridge's contract absorbs a disproportionately large amount of our soft cap compared with other clubs. Which is why we've lost good assistants and replaced them with spuds.

The relationship between Grant and Beveridge is as bad as is being reported in the press.

Smith is as good as gone to Geelong.

I'm not spending much time on BF these days. I'm as fatigued and disenchanted as many of you. So unlikely to reply to responses. Nothing personal. Have nothing to add anyway. Cheers.
The whole Smith thing is interesting and going under the radar given we are focused on Jamarra.

We have our best and only young midfielder (other than Sanders who has played 1 game) wanting out.

Surely the club is asking itself why?

He could also have given some thought to the fact that, whatever he thought about our club’s professionalism, he played in two grand finals while the 3 clubs he spoke to have collectively played in one in the period of his career (and, at that point, 0).
I’m still firmly of the belief that Dunkley left for lifestyle reasons rather than anything football or money related. I think he always wanted to live in sunny QLD, by the beach and working on his tan.

I’m still firmly of the belief that Dunkley left for lifestyle reasons rather than anything football or money related. I think he always wanted to live in sunny QLD, by the beach and working on his tan.
Dunkley’s a **** for the American sporting culture where players change teams many times during a career without it impacting their standing in the game or post career opportunities. There’s no way Brisbane is his last club.

Hopefully with a new coach we can convince Baz to stick around for another year or two at least, wouldn’t be the first time. Gotta at least deathride Geelong, Hawks pick looking a lot better right now

Worst part about Geelong is you just know they’ll turn him into the superstar he has the potential to be

People at the club must surely know whether Smith is going or staying? A former junior coach of on of our players assured me English is at West Coast next year (Out of our 4 big signings Naughts, English, Smith and Jamarra, English is probably the one we could afford to lose with who is coming through). The Cats would find a way to keep them all, and pinch some from other clubs as well.
If we are losing players because of a stubborn coach surely the board intervenes to not let it get that bad?
If Chris Grant is working through a hellish period to save our club, more kudus to the great man? Ego seems to be at the root of a lot of this mess.

People at the club must surely know whether Smith is going or staying? A former junior coach of on of our players assured me English is at West Coast next year (Out of our 4 big signings Naughts, English, Smith and Jamarra, English is probably the one we could afford to lose with who is coming through). The Cats would find a way to keep them all, and pinch some from other clubs as well.
If we are losing players because of a stubborn coach surely the board intervenes to not let it get that bad?
If Chris Grant is working through a hellish period to save our club, more kudus to the great man? Ego seems to be at the root of a lot of this mess.

From the outside, it does look like Grant is trying to do something, but he's trying to fix the mistakes he made. Grant fully backed in the 2 yr extention which has left us in this situation. It's better late then never I suppose, still not looking good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grant trying to do something??
Yeah right!
The only thing Grant concerns himself about is his own ego! And he’s extremely lucky to still be there after Jackson’s “internal review” that was pretty scathing of his “listen to no-one, I know all” attitude…
Club legend… Sure!
Football administrator? A resounding NO!

I think we can afford to lose Bailey smith. There’s plenty of players in the same calibre as him.

Grant trying to do something??
Yeah right!
The only thing Grant concerns himself about is his own ego! And he’s extremely lucky to still be there after Jackson’s “internal review” that was pretty scathing of his “listen to no-one, I know all” attitude…
Club legend… Sure!
Football administrator? A resounding NO!

Totally agree he should be gone, he's a big part of the reason why we're in this mess.

The way I see is it looked like Grant went against the grain when he got rid of Smith. Bevo got his knickers twisted in a knot because he didn't get his way then the relationship soured. Grant may have even told the board to try and part ways with Bevo which made the relationship even worse. At least that's my theory, no inside info.

I haven't heard which club. But I've also heard English is gone and not the biggest Bevo fan.

You are seriously comparing our clown to a three time Premiership winning coach? You're really going to die on that hill?
Bevo is a premiership coach and our side just thoroughly outplayed a side coached by Hardwick which won its first two. Yet he’s a ‘bad coach’. Impeccable logic.

Yes, he is a bad coach because he has underachieved massively with a quality list for 5 years now.
Alan Joyce won two flags mate.
Hardwick is coaching his third game at the Gold Coast and you're already trying to point-score for Beveridge on the back of laying the beatdown on his side? Not even going to take list into account or anything? That's a big yikes.

Signed up 7 hours ago - swans supporter confirmed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, he is a bad coach because he has underachieved massively with a quality list for 5 years now.
Alan Joyce won two flags mate.
Hardwick is coaching his third game at the Gold Coast and you're already trying to point-score for Beveridge on the back of laying the beatdown on his side? Not even going to take list into account or anything? That's a big yikes.
Yes, a guy who took a perennial underachiever to two grand finals, finals most years and a winning record over roughly a decade is obviously a bad coach.

I’m sure you thoroughly enjoy Kane Cornes’ commentary and think he’s a football genius worthy of your own magnificent footy intellect.

Seriously if people want to make the argument he’s had his time that’s fine, but saying he’s a bad coach is an objectively stupid position to hold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back