Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

So, what? We're supposed to take 100 years of history into account with this guy? Yeah he won the first flag in 62 years, I guess that means he's entitled to unlimited credit hey, and free to piss away the best years of the Bont.

Finals most years? We're considering 2020 and 2022 successful years on the pretext of making finals? I guess the board did, which is why they stupidly re-signed him.

He is objectively a bad coach, and it's stupid to think otherwise.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Yes, a guy who took a perennial underachiever to two grand finals, finals most years and a winning record over roughly a decade is obviously a bad coach.

I’m sure you thoroughly enjoy Kane Cornes’ commentary and think he’s a football genius worthy of your own magnificent footy intellect.

Seriously if people want to make the argument he’s had his time that’s fine, but saying he’s a bad coach is an objectively stupid position to hold.
Bevo’s an objectively bad coach. Sorry to break this news to you.

That’s kind of weird when they have good young Rucks in Toby Conway and Mitch Edwards

Conway is just about ready to explode, really rate him as a ruck prospect and has built his body up now too. Would love to lure him over if the Cats do somehow land Tim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people need to stop listening to Kane Cornes.
The fact Cornes continues to goad Bevo over the ‘21 grand final but never flames Hinkley for letting Port get flayed alive by us for two hours at their home ground after a week off says it all.

Last edited:
I love how when we play one good game we always get the “who wants bevo gone now” comments acting as if we haven’t just seen 2 straight seasons of us getting worse and showing no improvement.

Today was a step in the right direction but definitely not signing my Bevo apology form yet.

The roller coaster thread.

Last week was poor but really just a matter of work rate forward and back and poor turnovers.

Take the game on and you risk turnovers, last week's were just lazy.

See where we are at the bye as a new game style with a different mix of players takes time

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok.. My pitchforks back in it’s cupboard…
(but I haven’t snibbed the door!)

I think GC are seriously underrated so far esp. with a good coach and a seriously good inside midfield game.

We have a few strong points to build up on. Our defence was huge today and was our best line last week imo. That was a major criticism of mine last year, the club addressed it and it seems to be going well.

We have bemoaned our midfield for being stale- we've been running a few more players through there ie. Gallagher, Sanders.

Still some way to go but we've done a few things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back