Shield Game 14: Western Australia vs South Australia, WACA, 25-28th Feb, 1:30 pm AEDT

More points?

• South Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Australia squad: Shaun Marsh (c), Cameron Bancroft, Jake Carder, Hilton Cartwright, Cameron Gannon, Cameron Green, Liam Guthrie, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis (+), Matt Kelly, Liam O'Connor, Joel Paris, Sam Whiteman

South Australia squad: Travis Head (c), Alex Carey (+), Wes Agar, Will Bosisto, David Grant, Henry Hunt, Corey Kelly, Jake Lehmann, Harry Nielsen, Chadd Sayers, Liam Scott, Daniel Worrell

Possible sides:

WA/SA

Bancroft/Hunt
Whiteman/Bosisto
Marsh (c)/Scott
Green/Head (c)
Carder/Carey (+)
Inglis (+)/Nielsen
Hardie/Lehmann
Paris/Kelly
Gannon/Sayers
Kelly/Worrall
O'Connor/Agar

Interesting call to bat Liam Scott at 3 for South Australia. Was an exceptionally talented batter as a junior. Think he's a good fit for that role*, solid traditional technique and generally a good decision-maker.

* apologies in advance for getting him out by posting this, he was 2* when I posted it.

This is one of the more uninspiring bowling lineups WA has rolled out over recent years.
A lot of bowling line ups are made to look that way by the Redbacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to lose Carey just then but hopefully Trav goes on with it.
He was very confident leading into this game that he would get a big score but he is never short of confidence 🤣

Hunt's been pretty impressive in this SA line-up. One of the few batsman outside of Head to perform with some consistency

Yes. I was asked about Hunt by another poster a few weeks ago. I said there is definitely something there, he just needs to get in the habit of turning good starts and 50s into 100s. I wouldn't discount him playing for Australia at some stage, but he just needs to keep making runs at shield level first.

Back