Gary Ablett - could he win the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be winning it, seeing he is allowed to continue whacking people around the head with his elbows. It will be interesting to see when a no-name doesn’t play for Geelong player does something similar, wether or not the same rules will apply. I’m extremely doubtful

He thoroughly deserves a third Brownlow, should have 4 or 5 already. Even though he is the highest polling player in the history of the game, he has not done as well as he should have. I think the umpires judge him by his own standards (5 MVP's prove that)
I would love to see him win it, but I think it is highly unlikely. Winning 3 in the modern era is a far greater achievement than in the VFL days when Bunton, Reynolds, Skilton and Stewart did it. If he manages to pull it off this year, it will go a long way to ending arguements as to who the greatest player of all time is.

Must be winning it, seeing he is allowed to continue whacking people around the head with his elbows. It will be interesting to see when a no-name doesn’t play for Geelong player does something similar, wether or not the same rules will apply. I’m extremely doubtful
Champ, you're in the wrong thread

His shoulder is still sus and I think hes protecting it by raising the forearm. This isnt meant to be a troll, I think its a reflex protective action. But fair chance of either another shoulder injury or luck running out with contact severity unless he avoids contact altogether. Obviously can still play well enough and get recognition but shoulder could be his undoing.

Forearm, no elbow involved, have another look.
You really should try to see things as they are and not the way you want them to be.
If you want to see some flying elbows watch Mitchell on Ablett in the 2008 Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back