Injury Geelong 2020 Injury thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was nice to finish first 1/4 with 22 fit players. First time in 3 games.

GO Catters

What is the story with Stanley?

It was a medial ligament strain and this was last weeks update - The Cats will continue to monitor Rhys Stanley's return from a knee injury in coming weeks.

Hopefully we'll get an update later this week along with other injury news

Early prognosis
Geelong is refusing to link foot injuries to Dahlhausand Fort to the surface at Optus Stadium, despite both pulling up sore following the loss to Collingwood in round seven. Dahlhaus has bone stress in his heel and Fort in his foot and will miss considerable time. Atkins has overcome his rib cartilage damage and will re-join main training on Thursday. Jenkins is still yet to play a scratch match in Geelong colours, but is increasing his training loads and is expected to play game minutes this week. Selwood and Narkle are tests to play the Eagles, with the skipper the more likely of the two. Stanley has already been ruled out of a date with Nic Naitanui but could play North Melbourne on August 5

43A4A921-D455-4682-88CA-A2FD89CF8F65.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a completely inaccurate assessment of what the coach said. He said it was conservative to leave him out against Freo and he was likely to play this week. Not sure what the first response to you was referring to.
Joel was interviewed by Tim Watson (I think) and asked whether he would play against WCE. Instead of a yes or no response, he hesitated and said something like “I’ll be back when I’m ready”. I may have misinterpreted what he meant...

Joel was interviewed by Tim Watson (I think) and asked whether he would play against WCE. Instead of a yes or no response, he hesitated and said something like “I’ll be back when I’m ready”. I may have misinterpreted what he meant...
Krock interview suggested he was training well and doing speed work but said nothing about direction changes which to me would be the final test for hammies.
He did say that because it happened early in game blood flow was not a full flow and that as such it had helped it not be as bad as expected. Narkle was worse.

As such. - id say not his week.

Go Catters

FFS - at least its only an arthroscopic clean out... not anything massively structural...

Hopefully they caught it early and its not been degenerative or anything
REALLY wanted to see him get a go soon.

Go Catters

FFS - at least its only an arthroscopic clean out... not anything massively structural...

Hopefully they caught it early and its not been degenerative or anything
REALLY wanted to see him get a go soon.

Go Catters
Sucks for him. I really hope he gets a game next year.

A scope op is probably only a 2-3 week injury. But it’s enough to rule him out for the rest of the year.

Very disappointed for Nathan. And really hopeful that the injury doesn't prove to be serious in the long term.

Having said that, we'd reached the point in this season where he was never getting a game in the seniors in any case. Which means getting this attended to right now won't cost him any meaningful footy in 2020 and will hopefully set him up to be ready to go as soon as preseason training rolls around.

So my avatar will roll on into 2021, with the hope that it hits peak relevance early in the season.

All the best, Nath...

Sucks for him. I really hope he gets a game next year.

A scope op is probably only a 2-3 week injury. But it’s enough to rule him out for the rest of the year.
Sadly, not necessarily so. It could involve a microfracture procedure where they drill holes in a cartilage defect to make it bleed and heal (8 weeks minimum), or a meniscal repair (12weeks). As we don't know the details, and given he went home, I'd GUESS it was more than just a tidy up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back