Review Geelong defeat Crows by 24 points @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A BIG **** YEAH to Miers!

3 goals from a small forward
I said it during the match - how great is it to actually have a genuine small forward, and not just a smaller midfielder who is playing forward

An example is that we are seeing the class of Parfitt playing further up the ground - good in the forward line but he is much more valuable in the guts.

Wow it got a bit tense in the 3rd but we stood up to make it a great win on the road!
Hopefully Kelly injury isnt bad, he has been huge. Oconnor has been good too, fingers crossed for them.
Danger was massive and i really liked his support from Menegola, Duncan and Constable.
Miers around goals was fantastic and ablett was sublime setting them up.
Backline held up really well as crows had a lot of entries. Blicavs had some bad moments but overall saved a lot of entries, stewart as good as ever. Henderson looked a bit off and taylor was solid as was kolo.
Great win, lets keep the momentum up.
Loving the new faces

Geez picks 36 and 57 doing ok for us....

Yup... Wells has lost the plot and is no good :rolleyes:

- where is that thread?

Money.
GO Catters

Hendo looked awful early but got better.

Menegola huge second half.

Looked fairly awful in the second half too so not sure where he got better.

Good win. Could be season defining. Again the sort of game we have lost the last couple of years and were hard on the back foot at one point yet fought back.

That goal from Ablett to Miers in the last was the most enjoyable goal to me in years. Went off my nut.
Cant buy or develop class.
Speaking of class- Parfitt.
F**king great win. So enjoyable. This match belongs to Miers. Breakout game.
YES! Great stuff from Parf! Goddamn he's silky.

Kelly is on the ground with the rest of the team after the siren - walking around with both shoes still on, no ice or strapping on knees or ankles and no crutches.

So maybe a little sore, but nothing too serious because if there were concerns then surely he wouldn't be walking unaided

Very impressive win! To be fair to those of us who were melting at 3 qtr time, myself included, it did look as if we would be overrun.
To be able to turn the momentum, interstate, 2 men down on a 5 day break was extremely impressive. 3-0 to start the season who would have thought!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miers interviewed after the win over the Pies and interviewed against tonight (not sure about last week) - he speaks very well & you can hear the improvement/growth in just a couple of weeks in terms of how he presents when in front of the camera

I said it during the match - how great is it to actually have a genuine small forward, and not just a smaller midfielder who is playing forward

An example is that we are seeing the class of Parfitt playing further up the ground - good in the forward line but he is much more valuable in the guts.

+ Miers is a goal sneak 😻

Kelly is on the ground with the rest of the team after the siren - walking around with both shoes still on, no ice or strapping on knees or ankles and no crutches.

So maybe a little sore, but nothing too serious because if there were concerns then surely he wouldn't be walking unaided
That’s a huge relief 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back