Preview Geelong V Essendon - Rd 16 - Fri July 2 750pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

he has already missed a month this year and is the same age as smith and Selwood who have not been managed. If Higgins was playing well he would not be managed.

He was managed for the dogs game when he was playing well but a late injury mucked it up hence they are managing him now after a 6 day break last week. They didnt list him as omitted because he isnt.

Next year. He'd be hard pressed being it this year not being able to get on the park.

Fair point he might have missed too much footy but when the body is right hes in our best side imo.

O'Connor out may cost us big time. He is our only option to perform a run with/lockdown role on either Stringer or Parish

He is not a pure lockdown player but Parfitt has played as a defensive mid for the last two years.

It will be our mids fault if they can't go head to head with Stringer and Parish and win.

Happy with these changes. O'Connor back in for Kolo and Duncan for Dahl and we have our best 22.
MANY things will happen before you get those moves. Duncan may not be fit for finals. There will be other in juries. Duncan is out for +/-8 weeks.

Fair point he might have missed too much footy but when the body is right hes in our best side imo.
Best 22 is so subjective, and with our list, 30 could be in that 22- there are not 22 standouts.

He was managed for the dogs game when he was playing well but a late injury mucked it up hence they are managing him now after a 6 day break last week. They didnt list him as omitted because he isnt.

They called it ‘managed’. Why a player, ‘old’ or not, would have to be rested two weeks after a bye is a question only the MC could answer.

He wasn’t playing well. There were calls on here for him to be dropped and criticisms of his disposal in the media.

Regardless, come finals time they’ll have to pick the team on merit and euphemisms won’t cut it.

MOC out again is a concern.
Like it or not, but that should see ZGuthrie back in as sub.
Zuth is an awful sub. We already have too many defenders as is, so we don’t need coverage there. And he offers no zip as you would like from a sub.

O’connor is playing as a mid, so a mid as a sub makes sense. I couldn’t think of anyone worse as a sub than zuth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero-kicks Dalhouse is untouchable it seems. Esava and Higgins were surely dropped; albeit I'd prefer Higgins to Dalhouse. At least he seems to know how to get a kick.

We'll miss O'Connor as Parish, Merret and Stringer are quite capable of destroying our midfield unless we see a big lift from Danger.

When you're as slow as Dalhouse you certainly will struggle to do a run-down tackle. It was an opportunity to improve the team and they passed it up. For example, I've noticed that Holmes is very good in and under, even though he was presumably drafted for his outside qualities.

This doesn't sound too promising for O'Connor - good that it's only tightness, but considering he's only just returned from an extended break due to his first hamstring injury it's got to be some concern

This doesn't sound too promising for O'Connor - good that it's only tightness, but considering he's only just returned from an extended break due to his first hamstring injury it's got to be some concern

That was an axe swing rather than a paper cut.
Glad to see forum's blood pressure back to normal.
I'm thinking Holmes might get a go.
Get in the bin Zuth.

Shame about MOc but the other 2 are good changes. They were the two I called for in the autopsy thread last week but was talked down about Miers and him not being ready. Obviously they think he is, which is good.

Stanley in our best side ...says a bit about our best side. Would not be in the best 18 rucks in the league.

Simpson is yet to convince me he is a solid 25 games capable.

Last edited:
Hopefully we don't see the Sav experiment again this year. Unless (touch wood it doesn't happen) we need to out of necessity.
Perhaps a Fort experiment instead? I wish Stanley the best, but I have a feeling that after 4 or 5 weeks, Ratugolea will look like a decent option again. And if Stanley is indeed our No 1 ruck - why not just hold him back and unleash him in finals? Feels like we have a knack of burning up the confidence of our rucks at the wrong time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back