Preview Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have held off meat tray hoping time would make it easier. Nope. So I will guess.

I would rest Tanner and Dempsey and get them back fresh for Gold Coast in Darwin (bring back the older guys) but I don’t think they will. Coaches I think too important to the team for different reasons. And they don’t want to lose two in a row.

I think Rohan will go into 22. And I think Toby sure to be in unless his “niggle” worries the coaches.

In. Conway Parfait MOC
Out. All managed. Stanley Duncan Blitz

Rohan in 22 so either MOC sub or Clark

I have to say I am confident of the ins but not Blitz as an out

So I have held off meat tray hoping time would make it easier. Nope. So I will guess.

I would rest Tanner and Dempsey and get them back fresh for Gold Coast in Darwin (bring back the older guys) but I don’t think they will. Coaches I think too important to the team for different reasons. And they don’t want to lose two in a row.

I think Rohan will go into 22. And I think Toby sure to be in unless his “niggle” worries the coaches.

In. Conway Parfait MOC
Out. All managed. Stanley Duncan Blitz

Rohan in 22 so either MOC sub or Clark

I have to say I am confident of the ins but not Blitz as an out
Ins are very easy this week.
But I do think we will get a debutant

I've had my bag packed and my seat booked since CTTF has shown us the light on the Doritos Express.
TOOOT MOTHERFREAKING TOOT

Loop Train GIF

I don't see how this is easy lol

I can see the club being conservative with Tanner and resting him.
Conway for Stanley easy swap

Where it gets hard is the extras.
In contention: MOC, Mullin, Mannagh (kicked 4 in VFL), Neale and that's all before we consider Humphries or COS

Only ones i can see happening right now
IN: Parfitt, Conway
Out: Bruhn, Stanley

Everything else is up in the air.

I love the look raccoons have. The Yanks call them 'trash pandas' because they're notorious for raiding rubbish bins and clever enough to work off closed lids, even open locks!

Going to be tough.

Even with some sore boys being managed we've basically got a full list to choose from now, with MOC, Parfitt, Conway, Neale, Mullin, Knevitt, COS, & Mannagh all having their hands up too.

It's hard to pick a debutant on last week, as nearly everyone was super, but Humphries & Hardie appear to be the obvious names having been consistent for weeks now.

Hardie just reward for effort, while Humphries could genuinely get this place up and about. He has a big future here.
That would be exciting. But that means another out?!

By the way I also “heard” Mullin was a possibility to come back out. But again I can’t find more people to come out??
Potentially a tall with a reshuffle of MOC spending more time back?

No Soldo and Sweet is a test, so if Finlayson comes in he'll be playing ruck or replacing Georgiades who's also a test.

Dixon under a cloud too, & SDK will take him if he plays. Marshall is a bean-pole, and can be covered by one of Kolo or Henry, while Zuthrie & Stew can play tall.

Especially if one of them is sore, we have license here to go smaller and get Mullin into the side.

I don't see how this is easy lol

I can see the club being conservative with Tanner and resting him.
Conway for Stanley easy swap

Where it gets hard is the extras.
In contention: MOC, Mullin, Mannagh (kicked 4 in VFL), Neale and that's all before we consider Humphries or COS

Only ones i can see happening right now
IN: Parfitt, Conway
Out: Bruhn, Stanley

Everything else is up in the air.
I said the ins are easy
Not the outs haha
Parfitt, Conway and MOC all come in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will be either Hardie or Humphreys
A depleted Port team at home is a good time

Both have shown form and I not mind seeing either get a chance. Hardie is deserving on the form I have seen this year..he seems to have gone up a bit ...and to be frank , probably more in need of a chance as I suspect Hump is going to be around a while ..and id not mind him being brought in for the Indg games (especially when he has modelled them). The added bonus of Hardie..is if he actually showed something against a SA team .. one never knows what happens down the track.

Just how quick is Humphries? If they do rest Dempsey it might be an easy swap.

Both have shown form and I not mind seeing either get a chance. Hardie is deserving on the form I have seen this year..he seems to have gone up a bit ...and to be frank , probably more in need of a chance as I suspect Hump is going to be around a while ..and id not mind him being brought in for the Indg games (especially when he has modelled them). The added bonus of Hardie..is if he actually showed something against a SA team .. one never knows what happens down the track.

Just how quick is Humphries? If they do rest Dempsey it might be an easy swap.
No idea on pace, different ends of the ground but I do think it all depends on the noise surrounding Ports team and their outs
If a few bug boys are out I suspect J Henry will get a rest

No idea on pace, different ends of the ground but I do think it all depends on the noise surrounding Ports team and their outs
If a few bug boys are out I suspect J Henry will get a rest
My bet is they bring the cockroaches and the silverfish with them. :thumbsu:

Maybe Sweet stays home.

I love the look raccoons have. The Yanks call them 'trash pandas' because they're notorious for raiding rubbish bins and clever enough to work off closed lids, even open locks!

Racoons, like possums look so adorable. Possums are not so cute to me now, two in my roof destroyed the electrical wiring + $6,000 later, to rewire, possums are verboten!

Racoons, like possums look so adorable. Possums are not so cute to me now, two in my roof destroyed the electrical wiring + $6,000 later, to rewire, possums are verboten!

It's like you are describing the difference between enviro idealism and enviro practicality. Natures all fine and good till its in your face. Protect the trees..till you are wiping your tooshy with gum leaves.. Protect the indigenous fauna great till they are crapping in your roof and eating your wiring. Or even worse eating you when you go for a swim. It seems often that those that have the highest ideal are the one that do not have to deal with practicalities of that idealism.

I think Hardie needs to debut this week, on reflection. At some point you just have to give people who've earned it a go.
Posts like these are so close to being interesting, but are frustratingly incomplete.

It's pointless unless you suggest who would make way. Clark would be an option, but remember MOC and Parfitt are available. Should they really miss two in a row?

It's like you are describing the difference between enviro idealism and enviro practicality. Natures all fine and good till its in your face. Protect the trees..till you are wiping your tooshy with gum leaves.. Protect the indigenous fauna great till they are crapping in your roof and eating your wiring. Or even worse eating you when you go for a swim. It seems often that those that have the highest ideal are the one that do not have to deal with practicalities of that idealism.
So true! I did have possum boxes made + encouraged their use with apples. They preferred my roof. So they were relocated, to a lovely bush area with a creek.

I have four inside only cats because there are four blue tonged lizards in the garden + beautiful birds. Do not want my cats hunting wildlife. They have a 12m x 5m cat garden, to enjoy the sun + they can do their David Attenborough wildlife watching through openings.

Also, about 150 plantings of trees, hedges + seasonal flowers for the insects.

No car.

I am trying to do my bit.

Posts like these are so close to being interesting, but are frustratingly incomplete.

It's pointless unless you suggest who would make way. Clark would be an option, but remember MOC and Parfitt are available. Should they really miss two in a row?

Well, it seems like every week or two Scotty rests someone we wouldn't have expected. Three changes are already pretty obvious: MOC in for Duncan, Parf for the slightly injured Bruhn, and Conway for Stanley. One more unexpected rest for someone would give Hardie a spot. I realise 30 into 23 won't go, but refusing to pick blokes who are tearing it up in the VFL brings its own problems. Mostly that the unlucky player who keeps missing out can start to think he's out of favour through no fault of his own and starts looking around elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back