Preview Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sav is still one of my favourites. Hope he goes well in a losing side and the Geelong crowd give him the respect he deserves for what he contributed during his time with the club.

I've got no interest in boo'ing him and would be surprised if that's the sort of reception he receives tomorrow night

But also not sure he really contributed a great deal during his time in the Hoops - his first season before the broken leg was full of promise, but too many of his games over subsequent seasons seemed more based on hope & potential rather than output

Good luck to him at Port, but hope we embarrass him on Friday night

I've got no interest in boo'ing him and would be surprised if that's the sort of reception he receives tomorrow night

But also not sure he really contributed a great deal during his time in the Hoops - his first season before the broken leg was full of promise, but too many of his games over subsequent seasons seemed more based on hope & potential rather than output

Good luck to him at Port, but hope we embarrass him on Friday night

Preach GIF

Much to people's disappointment, Stanley will be taking on Port with Conway to miss again

No mention of a debutant

Guessing that means no meat trays this week😎

Much to people's disappointment, Stanley will be taking on Port with Conway to miss again

No mention of a debutant

When did Conway get injured? This is getting a bit old fast. Stanley's overhead contribution has dropped off. Hope he finds a bit of good Stanley this week

When did Conway get injured? This is getting a bit old fast. Stanley's overhead contribution has dropped off. Hope he finds a bit of good Stanley this week

He’ll be rucking against Willem Drew, if he doesn’t dominate we may as well bring in Joe Furphy.

The snippet of VFL I watched live saw Hardie scrubber a 20m pass along the ground, not exactly blowing the lights out..

Hard to make a call on one snippet. Hardie's lifted his game from last year and while he hasn't been BOG every week, he's been in the top few more times than not.

As Mr Meow said, it's easy to want them in the side but hard to know who to take out. I'd love to see Hardie get a run but unless we get hit with the 2023 injury plague again, hard to see an opportunity.

As per Kingy it's on the minor end, so hopefully he'll be available very shortly

He missed last week with what was called load management - so maybe feeling a bit sore, gave him a weekend off to see how he'd pull up this week but he's still sore so they've taken more of a look at things

Visentini is being said to be coming in for Sweet
202cm 21yo
Just the type of scrub that will make us have 'Bad Rhys' this week.

He's never been a star, but it's like he needs a known name to actually bother to compete (marking Gawn down the line last week not withstanding).

This has gone on for so long that it's actually hard to imagine what our midfield could look like getting first use regularly.

Hopefully, Toby and/or Edwards can deliver that to them for 10+ years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per Kingy it's on the minor end, so hopefully he'll be available very shortly

He missed last week with what was called load management - so maybe feeling a bit sore, gave him a weekend off to see how he'd pull up this week but he's still sore so they've taken more of a look at things

What is it... four rucks on the list and 1 fit? ..and he is the guys who half out the door. I was hoping for Conway to be playing most weeks this year...so yes hopefully very minor.

Sav is still one of my favourites. Hope he goes well in a losing side and the Geelong crowd give him the respect he deserves for what he contributed during his time with the club.

Mmm .. Deserve? What thats in one owns judgement. Id be happy if he only gets a some minor burbles. Some idiots will always be empty pots. I dislike booing ..and was so happy that we did not do it to GA29.

The Port fans seem unreasonably bitter and negative about their chances in this game.

They are level on wins with Carlton who think they can win the Premiership.

Losses in the Showdown have a very weird impact on them.

Port are a top 8 side and very capable on their day.

No mention of a debutant

I should have gone with my early meat tray which cast doubt over Toby return (heard there was a “minor issue”) and I was certain Tanner would be managed. But I got swayed by the Cats injury update (I am so gullible!) which didn’t mention Toby and was very positive on Tanner.

So we are back in my mind to the two obvious ins (which was confirmed today) of Parf and MOC and one definite out (Tanner). We need a player to be managed and my bet is Duncan but it is a guess.

I also would not be surprised if we Mullin back but then I need another player managed. In that case it could be Blitz. Obviously it could also be Dempsey but I reckon they manage him next week against Gold Coast

I should have gone with my early meat tray which cast doubt over Toby return (heard there was a “minor issue”) and I was certain Tanner would be managed. But I got swayed by the Cats injury update (I am so gullible!) which didn’t mention Toby and was very positive on Tanner.
Rookie mistake.

The Port fans seem unreasonably bitter and negative about their chances in this game.

They are level on wins with Carlton who think they can win the Premiership.

Losses in the Showdown have a very weird impact on them.

Port are a top 8 side and very capable on their day.
It's the negative lag of Hinkley same old same old amongst the Hinkley haters. Things aren't changing while he's there!

Sad about no Bruhn, but hopefully a fresh Parfitt is back to his best.

Well it would have to be a hell of alot better than he played against Carlton , because he was no good at all . on the big MCG against a decent opponent

Mannagh and Hardie must be scratching their heads , what do we have to do to get a game in the seniors

Parfitt is like that little ex Footscray half forward flanker , Scott just keeps playing him and playing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back