Preview Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have been surprised if it was Duncan being managed had this week but been game #355
True. He looked badly jaded against Melbourne. Before that I had him pencilled in to sit out the Gold Coast game, which I still think is the "better" choice. Without Bruhn and Bowes we are losing a bit in the quality disposal metric though, so have to hope we get the Mitch that fronted up against Carlton and not the one from last weekend.

Here's the Port team

Round 9 Team Selection

B: K Farrell 6, B Zerk-Thatcher 25, A Aliir 21
HB: M Bergman 14, E Ratugolea 27, D Houston 5
C: J Sinn, O Wines 16, W Drew 28
HF: D Byrne-Jones 33, T Marshall 4, M Georgiades 19
F: T Boak 10, C Dixon 22, W Rioli 15
Foll: D Visentini 38, J Horne-Francis 18, Z Butters 9-C
I/C: R Burton 3, J Finlayson 11, F Evans 31, J McEntee 41, J Mead 44

Emergencies: T Clurey 17, D Williams 23, W Lorenz 36

Do we think it's safe to suggest that Mullin will be the sub?
I still wouldn't mind the option of Dempsey as sub to manage his minutes without him sitting out a full game. Then Mullin at half back releases AA-form Holmes more into our depleted midfield.

But Mullin as sub might be more likely.

Correct - wouldn't be surprised if some of the timings with players being managed was pre-planned

Bowes missed the first couple of rounds due to a cork calf - so this may have always been the plan to get 5/6 games under his belt before a week off

We're also flying to Darwin on Tuesday, in preparation for Thursday night, so likely they'd be happy to have a couple of senior players fresh to come into the side for that clash
Touhy & Bowes missing is the clearest indicator we could get that Duncan won't make the trip to Darwin.

The snippet of VFL I watched live saw Hardie scrubber a 20m pass along the ground, not exactly blowing the lights out..
And the commentators called it out but qualified by saying it was unusual for Hardie who has played well. From what I read Hardie was leading all teams in the VFL votes. Worthwhile seeing extended game footage rather than one disposal.

I mean I expect to win, but when you look at the respective midfields you couldn’t say this is going to be an easy night at the office.

Isn't great but was as bad or worse last week and that was against better opposition. Despite the short break I'd have liked a look at Humphries before Mullin but not likely to make a difference.

do you guys think MOC tags butters? wondering for supercoach purposes

Midfield feels super depleted to me but just watch us win the battle in the middle somehow.
Could be that we're backing ourselves to win at home despite being undermanned, knowing that we'll need them at their absolute best to beat Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, & Miller away.

Little bit easier with Rozee out and no dominant ruckman either. JHF is a freak, but still plays in bursts. It's mainly Butters & Drew for us in terms of waring them down over the course of a game.

We saw what that GCS midfield can do to a similar group to ours (in terms of age profile) at the Hawks, and it wasn't pretty.

Guthrie, Bruhn, Bowes, MOC, Parfitt, & Atkins will all play for that IMO, which is a much more imposing group that what we have for tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie, Bruhn, Bowes, MOC, Parfitt, & Atkins will all play for that IMO, which is a much more imposing group that what we have for tomorrow.
The names above would = just about the weakest midfield in the comp... and they are an upgrade on this week.

Still think we get the job done but my god our midfield is poo poo (on paper).

We must have absolutely zero regard for Port in Geelong.
No Danger or Bruhn and we rest Bowes so we can run with Atkins, Clark, Guthrie and... Brandon :drunk:
I'd have thought Bowes would be the last player we'd rest this week with the outs and Guthrie struggling for touch.

I'd have thought Bowes would be the last player we'd rest this week with the outs and Guthrie struggling for touch.

Atkins needs to step up big time, he's not been at the level he normally has been in previous seasons as a mid and hasn't really had a big game this year soo far. I take that is because he's been playing with different blokes in there every week eg Bruhn, Blics, Danger in and out, Bowes, Parfitt etc.

I get he's come on quickly as a mid and expectations are higher but that's how footy works. Next man up.

Is Mitch Hardie injured or did he root someone's mrs?

No - it comes down to who is prepared to wash Scotts car and wash it properly

And your man Hardie and Mannagh , have point blank refused to wash it

Where as that little ex Footscray bloke Dallhaus , he didnt just wash Scotts car , he rotated the wheels plus did the wheel allignment , even replaced the Timing Chain for him - and thus he got picked week after week after week when his form said he shouldnt have been

And failing all that , weve got Brandon

No - it comes down to who is prepared to wash Scotts car and wash it properly

And your man Hardie and Mannagh , have point blank refused to wash it

Where as that little ex Footscray bloke Dallhaus , he didnt just wash Scotts car , he rotated the wheels plus did the wheel allignment , even replaced the Timing Chain for him - and thus he got picked week after week after week when his form said he shouldnt have been

And failing all that , weve got Brandon
With respect, this is bizarre.
Parfitt has been great this year.
Dalhaus hardly got a game in 22, and we won the flag. When he was done, he was done.
A bit like Bews this year, sadly for me.

With respect, this is bizarre.
Parfitt has been great this year.
Dalhaus hardly got a game in 22, and we won the flag. When he was done, he was done.
A bit like Bews this year, sadly for me.
What about 21 it was shocking favouritism - picked basically every week till he finally dropped him for the elimination final

Parfitt has not been great - he has put 3-4 ok games together that is it against ordinary teams

It's coming to the situation that reality will set in over the next 2 months, and we realise that our list is just not that great in MF and ruck any more, and where we were expected to finish preseason will only be incorrect because we started 7-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back