Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

Personally I actually dislike the vast majority of my own clubs supporters, arrogant *******s that weren't rattling tins in 1990, standing in the pouring rain whilst we had "home games" at Princess Park in the 90s, come around when success comes and are pricks, remember the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Have posted only my own teams board probably less than 10ish times in the 12 years I've been here.

Anyway let's ave it on Saturday and seriously what happens, happens. As much as it would kill me .... I'd rather lose to a PROPER club with history than the love child that is GWS.

Peace and out "fellow felines" :p

I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

Personally I actually dislike the vast majority of my own clubs supporters, arrogant *******s that weren't rattling tins in 1990, standing in the pouring rain whilst we had "home games" at Princess Park in the 90s, come around when success comes and are pricks, remember the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Have posted only my own teams board probably less than 10ish times in the 12 years I've been here.

Anyway let's ave it on Saturday and seriously what happens, happens. As much as it would kill me .... I'd rather lose to a PROPER club with history than the love child that is GWS.

Peace and out "fellow felines" :p

Can vouch for twoslabs not being a total campaigner 😊

Good luck on Saturday

fu** yes. Chris Scott just validated my hunch.

He said that Dangerfield's drive for a premiership has manifested in the past with him being too desperate to achieve and that he's learnt from that and is not trying to do as much in the pursuit of a flag.

To my mind, he's much more of a team player and less likely to try and do it all himself this year. It's been great to see
Had an underrated game Saturday. 9 inside 50's and 3 goal assists (both game leading), right up there for metres gained and only had two shanks early on. The rest he at least got to a 50-50, that usually resulted in Hawkins getting to dominate throw ins for minutes at a time. Then any time he was forward, although he didn't clunk the marks he would also square the contest for the same result. There was essentially no player on the field that ensured the ball stayed in his teams half more than Danger on Saturday.

Had an underrated game Saturday. 9 inside 50's and 3 goal assists (both game leading), right up there for metres gained and only had two shanks early on. The rest he at least got to a 50-50, that usually resulted in Hawkins getting to dominate throw ins for minutes at a time. Then any time he was forward, although he didn't clunk the marks he would also square the contest for the same result. There was essentially no player on the field that ensured the ball stayed in his teams half than Danger on Saturday.

Yep, perfect "team" game - can't wait to see how he goes this weekend

Yep, perfect "team" game - can't wait to see how he goes this weekend

He definitely started nervously and fell into the "do too much" early on (i.e. the floater OOBs), but got much better as the game wore on. I'd take something between the Lions and Pies games from it - solid contests in the F50, pressure here and there, a couple of GAs and a goal or two would go a long way to us lifting the cup.

just a quick comment. never in a million years did I think that I could go on Bigfooty after winning an unprecedented victory in a prelim final, that the GF thread would not be at the top of the list. The Cameron theatrics can wait. we have a slightly bigger fish to fry and we need to show that we are, the greatest team of all.

Stand up and FIGHT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugest of hugest challenges. Tigers personnel and system is 100% designed to destroy opponents game style in Grand Finals. 5 tall defenders who are amongst the best play readers and contested marks in the league. Two top notch KPFs who can lead, take contested marks and out run most key defenders. Twelve players who are quick, contested ball players most of whom could slot into top 4 mids of any other team. A reliable, smart ruck. And Cotchin. And Dusty. All great by foot. All veterans of premiership winning system.

Absolutely Geelong can win but must not let Tigers settle into their zone, counter attack system - otherwise game over. Got to be moving the ball quickly, with running in groups and take on zones, try crazy ball where Tigers zone up. And tackling off the charts. And nail the opportunities.

Huge challenge but definitely winnable.

Let’s see the best from the team and see off Gaz and Harry in style!

Fagan, Selwood and Ablett have said it best.

Fagan: Geelong wanted it more, they've experienced the PF heartache (numerous times) and were desperate to win.
Selwood: We got what we deserved.
Ablett: Job's not done.

Good luck this Saturday fellas.

I will be barracking for the Cats on the basis that a team that plays with a game style that resembles the AFL that I grew up loving which emphasises skill and positional play over a team that plays a grown up version of Auskick!

Also think that Garry deserves to go out on a high given all that he has given us footy followers over his career.

Cheers.

I was thinking this too, but with the year Guthrie is having, I don’t want to sacrifice his game to solely blanket Martin.
I’m not sure how we go about it to be honest but I want Guthrie to play his normal game.
I agree, don't waste Guthrie tagging Martin. Better to have Parfitt (the tackling machine) tag him at centre clearances and Kolodjashnij and O'Connor pick him up when he goes forward. We need Guthrie doing what he has done all year, getting the ball and distributing with his elite foot skills.

Cats conceded 1 score from 107 chains that started in opposition D50 in the final series. Tigers No.1 for scoring from D50 against cats last two years. I thought in round 17 against tigers and swans in round 18 we were hopeless with these chains. Good to see we have tightened things up.
Another thing to consider from round 17 is the tigers had o win to make top 4 whereas cats had the swans the next week to get it done. We didnt play selwood or stanley when they were probably fit. Cats off 5 day break and tigers 9, not making excuses for round 17 defeat, but.... definitely gonna be a tougher proposition for tigers this week.

Win or lose you have to be proud of the club and players, what a privilege the support such a great club.

Yes I was not a fan of Chris Scott but he has done dam well so good on him.

Oh and any hawthorn w***ers on here lurking, you are pure filth wishing injuries on our players. Grown up you w***ers and try having some class for once.

Good luck boys and enjoy the week in what has been a tough year for most of us:)
You've gotta love this club and the ride we have had since 2007. Who would have thought we would make it through to the GF this year. The naysayers had us struggling to make the 8 and I was inclined to believe them. So many players have stepped up to make it happen. It was moving, the picture of an emotional Cam Guthrie being consoled in the changeroom upon the realization they had finally made it into a grand final and Dangerfield looking like a man who had had a great weight lifted off his shoulders. It won't be easy to get themselves back up for the grand final but there are plenty of experienced players to steady the ship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back