Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...

You've made you pitch once. Thanks for that.
Time to move on.

I appreciate the time you've taken to explain things ( genuinely) and if our posters want to head over they will.

But by your own admission its a sh*t show now and the idea of wading into a swamp of abuse, to then push back and get banned for it is not gonna happen.
And as much as you fly the banter flag - past experiences there will dictate how people react not an "it will be ok speech" from someone whom has zero input into who gets infracted.

So thanks again and off you go.

Go Catters
Hey mate,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

My apologies if once bitten, twice shy.
I don't spend a great deal of time on the Richmond board as I know what they can be like - so no worries on my end if it's a bit much.

For any Catters who are keen - I hope after 2 flags we are sensible enough to have a laugh, but then again! This is BigFooty.

As for Saturday night, good luck - while Geelong are the one team I would hate to lose too, you guys so have enough "good guys" who deserve another flag.
In the lap of the Gods from here!

Wouldn't it be great to see another Hawkins Wet Weather masterclass?
I was there that game and I'm even on the replay just after Selwood snaps that goal. (front row almost behind the goals) I'm not exaggerating when I say my beer was literally filling as quick as I was drinking it it was raining that hard. My shoes were full of water, as were every other item I was wearing ... I still soldiered on to the pub after the game but I was crook for two weeks after that. Hawkins was simply supurb.

They have a bunch of snipers who do weak, gutless acts on field.

And respect is something you earn. They have earnt zilch. They are scum.

Maybe you need to grow a pair, and stop being a spineless little apologist to a bunch of ferals who would insult you till their throats were sore. Just go and look at all the insulting crap they post about us on their board.
Thanks Karen.

I'd like to know how you categorise all of the Hawkins suspensions.

Just on Hawkins, it wouldn't surprise me at all of Balta starts on him (for the quick centre clearance kick) but if we 50/50 it Balta drifts up the ground and Asbury takes him.

Is the Rat any chance to come in to make our defenders more accountable to the long, quick kick in?

If the Hawk gets on his bike and up the ground we will have to change our backline structure.

Just on Hawkins, it wouldn't surprise me at all of Balta starts on him (for the quick centre clearance kick) but if we 50/50 it Balta drifts up the ground and Asbury takes him.

Is the Rat any chance to come in to make our defenders more accountable to the long, quick kick in?

If the Hawk gets on his bike and up the ground we will have to change our backline structure.
You'll have to change your structure at quarter time when you're 6 goals down.

You'll have to change your structure at quarter time when you're 6 goals down.
In all seriousness, the key to our back 6 is we play off the man - very loose but with key interceptors.
Vlas, Grimes and Balta are all great marks while Short and Baker are key runners.

A great way to beat out backline is.quick and key, low passes inside the 50

Hawkins will beat any defender in a one-on-one - any high kicks will allow a 2-on-one

I doubt Sav comes in - but Rohan and co need to make their opponents accountable all game long. Long bombs to Tomma will be cleaned up all day long by your lot dropping off and filling gaps and covering over.

So Rohan, Miers, Dahl, BLitz and Stanley need to be present forward and make their men accountable. And with Nank not being the most limber bloke, hopefully BLitz and Stanley can work hard to be where he aint and help with the above.

If that does not happen, we a rein for a longer day than we want.

GO Catters

I'm a little bit nervy about Harry on Lynch - perhaps it's a recurring nightmare from last year's prelim.

It's so crucial that we pressure their mids and stop them from hitting Lynch up on leads, because Harry won't be able to go with him.

At the other end I've got a feeling Rohan will make a huge impact, his last two finals have been excellent.

I doubt Sav comes in - but Rohan and co need to make their opponents accountable all game long. Long bombs to Tomma will be cleaned up all day long by your lot dropping off and filling gaps and covering over.

So Rohan, Miers, Dahl, BLitz and Stanley need to be present forward and make their men accountable. And with Nank not being the most limber bloke, hopefully BLitz and Stanley can work hard to be where he aint and help with the above.

GO Catters
The weather will be a massive factor, and in my opinion, in our favour.

Rohan is the key, he's such a dynamic forward he will make one of our 6 accountable (which is the opposite of what we want) so if he can get a bit of touch early it will change our plans.
Wouldn't surprise me if we threw Balta forward for periods.

Lynch and Nank will share the ruck imo, but I think you have the upper hand.
In our Port final we destroyed the centre clearances in the second half so hopefully we keep that up.

That said, you need to keep your forwards deep, if they get up the ground we will.let Vlas drop back and start out counter attack.
Vlas will.always be the last man back

No we will rotate all of Dangerfield,Stanley, Blicavs and Rohan in support of Hawkins.

In all seriousness, the key to our back 6 is we play off the man - very loose but with key interceptors.
Vlas, Grimes and Balta are all great marks while Short and Baker are key runners.

Hawkins will beat any defender in a one-on-one - any high kicks will allow a 2-on-one
I thought I was being lenient ... make it 7 goals down.

Always helps when you have another defender blocking the forward with no intention whatsoever to go for the mark so the defender who goes 3rd man up can take one uncontested. Ridiculous how often you get away with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we will rotate all of Dangerfield,Stanley, Blicavs and Rohan in support of Hawkins.
Stanley is the most worrying from my perspective.
He just takes some great contensted marks and reminds me of Vandy in 2018, could have a cameo

GO Catters
I'm thinking no change again

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Always helps when you have another defender blocking the forward with no intention whatsoever to go for the mark so the defender who goes 3rd man up can take one uncontested. Ridiculous how often you get away with that.
I've not seen it myself, but it wouldn't surprise me

Blocking out Hawkins is an ask, the man's a mountain

I'm a little bit nervy about Harry on Lynch - perhaps it's a recurring nightmare from last year's prelim.

It's so crucial that we pressure their mids and stop them from hitting Lynch up on leads, because Harry won't be able to go with him.

At the other end I've got a feeling Rohan will make a huge impact, his last two finals have been excellent.

If we can do what we did to Hipwood this week - cut off supply - we'll be 80% of the way to neutralising him. Hipwood only got the one goal (thanks to umpire #26 with the "players with surnames starting with 'M' can be hit front-on while in mid-air marking contests" rule) and the one mark-and-shot in the third quarter.

Pretty confident we can contain their talls - especially if wet - it's the smalls that worry me.

If we can do what we did to Hipwood this week - cut off supply - we'll be 80% of the way to neutralising him. Hipwood only got the one goal (thanks to umpire #26 with the "players with surnames starting with 'M' can be hit front-on while in mid-air marking contests" rule) and the one mark-and-shot in the third quarter.

Pretty confident we can contain their talls - especially if wet - it's the smalls that worry me.
If you let us shank it in, that's a worry.
Make us go back off the mark 70m out and you'll take care of us (the Rioli special)

I've not seen it myself, but it wouldn't surprise me

Blocking out Hawkins is an ask, the man's a mountain
Just get Grimes or Vlastuin to stage for frees off the ball again ... Hawkins becomes irrelevant.

Just get Grimes or Vlastuin to stage for frees off the ball again ... Hawkins becomes irrelevant.
Both have a tendency to exaggerate contact, fortunately for the spectacle the umpires tend to let things go in GF's

If sav plays you can pretty much guarantee danger goes to the midfield.
I don't expect it.

I think we'll try to play a game of Hawkins holding space whilst letting Rohan and danger jump.
And from there we need Dahlhaus, Miers, Ablett to do damage.

That's my guess as to how we'll play.

Danger will rip apart your backline if he plays anything like the Collingwood game in the F50

But no it’ll be stanley lol
Thing is Danger likes to play deep - he's a one-on-one type forward, which means you guys have to clear the 50 and get it in quick.
I would assume Astbury drops back on him and Danger will win 8/10 contests.
So the game comes down to the centre clearances imo

Thanks Karen.

I'd like to know how you categorise all of the Hawkins suspensions.
Haha. Im a karen, but you are getting offended cause i’m not being gracious to a scummy opponent? Are you a bit slow or something mate?

Hawkins deserved some suspensions, but some were just downright pissweak. Other players got off similar incidents but he gets a week. The inconsistency was a joke.

Maybe you should go and hold hands and sing combuya over on the tuggers board, and see how long it takes before you get called a handbagger. Which would probably be a fitting insult for someone like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back