Preview Geelong vs Collingwood, Practice Match Fri 26 Feb, 11am @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really enjoying the idea of footy being back. Switched it on to watch Collingwood easily take it from one end to the other for a goal to Elliott.

Then watched what seemed like an hour of us unable to move the ball back past the wing, as we defended stoutly without any ability to transition effectively.

This really is preseason footy, that's for sure. Don't doubt the effort. But the decision making and skills on show are very ordinary indeed.

So what happened to geelong members getting emailed a link to the game? Did they just decide not to do that in the end.

They sent them out yesterday morning but seems to have been an issue with a number of members not receiving the link

I was really enjoying the idea of footy being back. Switched it on to watch Collingwood easily take it from one end to the other for a goal to Elliott.

Then watched what seemed like an hour of us unable to move the ball back past the wing, as we defended stoutly without any ability to transition effectively.

This really is preseason footy, that's for sure. Don't doubt the effort. But the decision making and skills on show are very ordinary indeed.

Did you watch the first quarter?

Because the first quarter was essentially a reverse of your first 2 sentences - we were moving the ball with ease, locking it in our end of the ground and Collingwood was struggling to transition with any effectiveness

Because the first quarter was essentially a reverse of your first 2 sentences - we were moving the ball with ease, locking it in our end of the ground and Collingwood was struggling to transition with any effectiveness
That's because it's a we will do things well this qrt now you can have a go they are not going full on

Because the first quarter was essentially a reverse of your first 2 sentences - we were moving the ball with ease, locking it in our end of the ground and Collingwood was struggling to transition with any effectiveness.

No. Switched it on in the second because people had been talking up how we were playing. Certainly looked nothing like it in the time I watched. But I'm painfully aware of how little it all means, anyway.

Would just like to see more of the youngsters. If it's going to be ordinary, at least let's see the kids having a run and striving to impress.

No. Switched it on in the second because people had been talking up how we were playing. Certainly looked nothing like it in the time I watched. But I'm painfully aware of how little it all means, anyway.

Would just like to see more of the youngsters. If it's going to be ordinary, at least let's see the kids having a run and striving to impress.
They are all playing in 2nd half

I think we'll see a few player switches over the next half, with some of the experience to hit the showers early and the youngsters to be unleashed

Reasons to not read too much into practice match outcomes - think we'd expect a differently result if this was season proper

They sent them out yesterday morning but seems to have been an issue with a number of members not receiving the link

As a home member who pays month by month, I definitely didn't get a link. But the payments have still been rolling out every time.

Not too fussed as the link was available here. But I wouldn't have thought it was that hard to send the info to every single member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a home member who pays month by month, I definitely didn't get a link. But the payments have still been rolling out every time.

Not too fussed as the link was available here. But I wouldn't have thought it was that hard to send the info to every single member.

It's been interesting reading the comments on twitter about it

This was the clubs advice - Please ensure you have a valid email address and don’t have email updates switched off.

As people then advised - they get all correspondence other than the link for the game and some didn't get the link for the Carji

Seems something's gone wrong with the database or it was poorly merged for an email list

I forgot what Blitz brings in the backline. Some great cover and ball winning and then some extreme panic and garage decisions when he wins the ball.

I really worries me that the backline has no good ball users outside Stewart.

Glen Moriaty from Collingwood made a point that Collingwood had an issue in sending the link also because they don't have alot of members actual email address. Maybe it's the same with us ?

Glen Moriaty from Collingwood made a point that Collingwood had an issue in sending the link also because they don't have alot of members actual email address. Maybe it's the same with us ?

I have recent email corro from the club about not only my 2021 membership but also my member choice item for this year. So I'm clearly on at least one 'membership' email database with the club.

Be fair to say Josh Jenkins looks a little off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back