Preview Geelong vs Port, 14 August at 7:50pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out Atkins
In Fogarty

can’t see us winning with 4 vs 6 day break and quality of opposition but happy to be proven wrong. 3 goal loss would be a pass

We'll win. From what I've seen of Port they blow way too many opportunities.
Can't do that against us. It'll cost them against all the best teams in the end IMO.

I'd like to get them in that order to.
We'll need to win 4 of the last 6 to make the top 4 I feel. A win here and we could almost put a padlock on the gate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The odds to me are surprising Pt Adelaide $1.80 Geelong $2.05

Looking at Pt Adelaide i reckon theve had 2 bad losses - Saints by 5 goals and Lions by 6 goals . I dont think the Cats have had a bad loss - maybe the Blues game - but the Cats finished like a train . The Magpies game ( and im not an umpire basher ) but the umpiring was a joke - they had the hand brake on the Cats all night

The big question is - Pt Adel last week - there standard of play against Rich was about 30% higher than any other game they have played this year . Now was that - because they were all hyped up - switched on - playing the reigning premier etc - on their home deck - so it was one off performance . Or was it a line in the sand game for them ( if they say go on and win the flag ) . Then they look back and say - that Rich game was the turning point - we dramatically increased our standard of play and we didnt look back from that point

If Port Adelaide play like they did last week they are going to be extremely hard to beat - however if they play like have played in the majority of their other games - then Geelong will beat them

From the Addy:

Jordan Clark (shoulder), Charlie Constable (concussion) and Quinton Narkle (illness) are both up for selection for Friday night’s clash with Port Adelaide, while Luke Dahlhaus (heel) appears likely to be fit for Geelong’s Round 13 meeting with Adelaide.

Recruit Josh Jenkins (back) made his return in a scratch match last week, leaving just Darcy Fort (foot) and Gary Ablett (personal reasons) last on the injury list for the Cats.

Nakia Cockatoo is fit and playing well in weekly scratch matches but will not play in the AFL on Friday.

Recruit Josh Jenkins (back) made his return in a scratch match last week, leaving just Darcy Fort (foot) and Gary Ablett (personal reasons) last on the injury list for the Cats.

The GFC website (yes, I know) currently has Okunbor listed with a groin injury of 'short' duration as well.

That’s a good point Port style of play does result in a lot of turnovers , my concern is the centre bounce we need to be more defensive around there against Port.

Agreed.

The odds to me are surprising Pt Adelaide $1.80 Geelong $2.05

Looking at Pt Adelaide i reckon theve had 2 bad losses - Saints by 5 goals and Lions by 6 goals . I dont think the Cats have had a bad loss - maybe the Blues game - but the Cats finished like a train . The Magpies game ( and im not an umpire basher ) but the umpiring was a joke - they had the hand brake on the Cats all night

The big question is - Pt Adel last week - there standard of play against Rich was about 30% higher than any other game they have played this year . Now was that - because they were all hyped up - switched on - playing the reigning premier etc - on their home deck - so it was one off performance . Or was it a line in the sand game for them ( if they say go on and win the flag ) . Then they look back and say - that Rich game was the turning point - we dramatically increased our standard of play and we didnt look back from that point

If Port Adelaide play like they did last week they are going to be extremely hard to beat - however if they play like have played in the majority of their other games - then Geelong will beat them
It could come down to recovery time; we are playing Port at a great time for them.
Like CS says, not who but when.
Similar to Saints on Monday- we were great, but they had won 4 on the trot, and were clearly flat and as CS said, we were primed for them.
Are we the reverse this week?
Are Kenny and Port going to come out after us , will we be the hunted?
It's not how they play, but I suspect for Port, this is a more critical win than it is for us- we really do have underdog status this week.

Geelong will stamp their intentions for 2020 with this game, i expect a good win...
It could come down to recovery time; we are playing Port at a great time for them.
Like CS says, not who but when.
Similar to Saints on Monday- we were great, but they had won 4 on the trot, and were clearly flat and as CS said, we were primed for them.
Are we the reverse this week?
Are Kenny and Port going to come out after us , will we be the hunted?
It's not how they play, but I suspect for Port, this is a more critical win than it is for us- we really do have underdog status this week.
Turn the tables and I'd be bullish again,I think we need to build a big lead before 3/4 time to give us a chance of grabbing the 4 points no doubt there will be some tired boys running on fumes going into the last quarter.

Bit of a raffle as to who we rest this week, but id expect at least 3 changes.

Fog and Sav are pretty good bets to come in.

A mix of Simpson, Clark, Zuthrie and Narkle may play depending on who makes way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back