Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dons will match.

No one ever matches. The system is set up to allow it but the bidding team has a massive advantage.

This time next year the Swans will be able to offer $3m for two years or something silly with a secret long term contract in the bottom drawer. There is no chance Essendon match $3m for 2 years for a player who does not want to be there.

Essendon have no advantage in being able to match. Sydney and Danniher's people will simply structure a deal to shut Essendon out.

No one ever matches. The system is set up to allow it but the bidding team has a massive advantage.

This time next year the Swans will be able to offer $3m for two years or something silly with a secret long term contract in the bottom drawer. There is no chance Essendon match $3m for 2 years for a player who does not want to be there.

Essendon have no advantage in being able to match. Sydney and Danniher's people will simply structure a deal to shut Essendon out.
Hmmmm, I wouldn't be too sure. Scum arrogance suggests it is possible.

Best case. Sydney severely overpay for Daniher when they're already hamstrung by the backend of Buddy's deal. Essendon lose Daniher and receive a compensation pick that is well less than Sydney have reportedly been offering this past week.

Cogs would've been matched mate. Its why he stayed.

Or Sydney wait til next year and take JD as a FA. If Daniher has another interrupted year, then offer him 3 years on reduced money to get out of there, and scum get an end of 2nd round compo pick.

Anyone for the karma bus

An even nicer scenario would be Sydney winning the spoon, and JD having a career best season and then proceed to walk into the PSD.

That would warm my heart :thumbsu:

Talk about not having a clue

Maclure: Daniher is worth two first round pick = 5+9

del Santos - picks don’t solve the bombers now when they are playing finals

Maclure: they don’t need Daniher to win a grand final - they’ve gone two years without him

ummmm

Cogs would've been matched mate. Its why he stayed.
I very much doubt Cogs decision to re-sign was based on the fact that GWS would match an offer from the Hawks. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slobos top 50 players of 2019, not a single Hawk...

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

To be fair who actually deserved top 50 status this year? We had a very inconsistent year as a team as well as all our topline players.

To be fair who actually deserved top 50 status this year? We had a very inconsistent year as a team as well as all our topline players.

That was my first thought as well. Wingard only played 5 good games. Works is too early. No one likes Sicily. Jaeger maybe but borderline.

Make the boys earn their success rather than blow smoke up their arses

I know we already knew this but the AFL is just such a joke...

Peter Ryan, on The Age live blog:

Just so you know, clubs aren’t allowed to officially lodge a trade (and its paperwork) until 3pm on deadline day.

Normally, on every other day of trade period, clubs can trade between 9am-5pm.

This ensures there's late drama on television tonight, it seems.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-afl-trade-period-deadline-day-20191016-p5312y.html

(The post is question was put up at 11:17am, for future reference)

Sicily made all Australian - I think there’s one that may have scrapes on to his list

In the absence of a more plausible story, I will do just that.

From the AFL's restricted free agency rules: That is, if the current club can ‘match’ the offer from a suitor club, the player must stay or enter the draft. The tabled offer includes only football payments and Additional Service Agreements (ASA) amounts.

Clause 16.3 of the CBA says that it's at the AFL's discretion to include ASA amounts into the TPP or not: Where the Total Player Payments to Players of an AFL Club for Additional Services Agreements exceeds or will exceed the amount set out in clause 16.2 in any year, such contracts shall be referred to the AFL General Manager – Football Operations. The AFL General Manager – Football Operations may determine that any such excess (or part thereof) shall not be taken into account in calculating the Total Player Payments of the AFL Club in that year.

ME: It was a scam. A farce. A disgraceful perversion of the competition. And it won't be the last or worst. The AFL gave a huge ASA to Cognilio to stay at GWS, which was included in his matching amount from GWS and meant he couldn't leave. And then the AFL promptly excluded that payment from GWS's TPP so that they can retain their other stars. It's possible that as far as GWS's salary cap is concerned, they are only paying $1 for Cognilio, depending on how shameless the AFL are in paying for him and then excluding that payment. If they haven't been that brazen this time then they will next time with whatever superstar is looking to leave GWS or GCS.

References:

Sicily made all Australian - I think there’s one that may have scrapes on to his list

Yeah Sicily & Worpel would be the only 2 I would think that had a case (Hendo isn't sexy enough).

If only Clarko didn't try and experiment with Sicily forward for a month there he would've probably made AA, he lost his mojo a bit after that and regained it late.

just for those curious...on the Carlton board from an itk

"
Swans offer to Essendon is more than enough to get the deal done for Daniher, it includes multiple quality current & future picks. It way overvalues Daniher.

It would take a special kind of crazy for Dodoro to now not accept it, he may be trying to squeeze a little more out of the Swans in the hope they have a double blink in them."

I know we already knew this but the AFL is just such a joke...

Peter Ryan, on The Age live blog:

Just so you know, clubs aren’t allowed to officially lodge a trade (and its paperwork) until 3pm on deadline day.

Normally, on every other day of trade period, clubs can trade between 9am-5pm.

This ensures there's late drama on television tonight, it seems.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-afl-trade-period-deadline-day-20191016-p5312y.html

(The post is question was put up at 11:17am, for future reference)
Hopefully there's still a way for all club list managers and player agents to know what deals are done but not yet announced so that any additional deals that would happen as a result of them aren't artificially delayed until the final 2 hours.

It would be a massive mistake if there wasn't a way for that to happen. I could believe the AFL haven't considered this very important scenario though...

just for those curious...on the Carlton board from an itk

"
Swans offer to Essendon is more than enough to get the deal done for Daniher, it includes multiple quality current & future picks. It way overvalues Daniher.

It would take a special kind of crazy for Dodoro to now not accept it, he may be trying to squeeze a little more out of the Swans in the hope they have a double blink in them."
Dodo is probably going to accept it in the end. He'll be thrown on the shoulders of the Essendon faithful and praised for being a master trader. A week and a half of staring down the Swans to squeeze just a little more on top of what was already a very generous offer. Yet he'll likely walk away from the trade period not having had time to address the main issue that was apparently holding everything back - that they won't have a ready to go KPF. That or they'll end up with Jenkins, which is arguably worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back