No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite some of the ridiculous 1980s attitudes expressed on this board in support of sparring, this was the inevitable and sensible outcome. Footballers do not need to be punched by one another in the workplace.
Agree.

I also read that the players weren't using headgear and had been instructed to "tag" each other on the head during sparring.

I mean what could go wrong in that scenario 🙄

This should come as no surprise as the AFL is going to continue strengthening it’s protocols to minimise concussions and it’s potential liability in any future litigation that may arise from players suffering brain damage.

AFL are reviewing tackling post season. Unnamed sources within the walls of the AFL are concerned with tackling and the ‘look’ of how this part of the game is perceived. Reports coming out of AFL house indicate that the ‘tackle’ causes injury to players from landing on their shoulders,grass burns, being driven into the turf and the occasional head knock.

Clarkson has also questioned the need for tackling saying the tackle is an unrewarding part of the game that probably should be abolished.

A subcommittee will be formed to come up with alternative actions & ideas that will be deemed acceptable to all.
Ideas ranging from ‘tagging’….’removable ribbons attached to players shorts and even suggestions that players can call out ‘gotcha’ to receive a free kick in response.

This whole idea came from Steve Hosking as his last legacy of his impressive tenure as the AFL Very General Operations Manager.

Stay tuned

AFL are reviewing tackling post season. Unnamed sources within the walls of the AFL are concerned with tackling and the ‘look’ of how this part of the game is perceived. Reports coming out of AFL house indicate that the ‘tackle’ causes injury to players from landing on their shoulders,grass burns, being driven into the turf and the occasional head knock.

Clarkson has also questioned the need for tackling saying the tackle is an unrewarding part of the game that probably should be abolished.

A subcommittee will be formed to come up with alternative actions & ideas that will be deemed acceptable to all.
Ideas ranging from ‘tagging’….’removable ribbons attached to players shorts and even suggestions that players can call out ‘gotcha’ to receive a free kick in response.

This whole idea came from Steve Hosking as his last legacy of his impressive tenure as the AFL Very General Operations Manager.

Stay tuned
Wha?

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stay tuned
I can see it now 🤮

7C5BACB5-2C9F-45E8-9BFA-670946031C9A.gif

Footy Classified discussing who are the options for Carltons next coach.

I find that really poor. David Teague may very well be on his last legs, but I find it really disrespectful. The guy is trying to do a job the best he can yet they have already signed his death certificate.
Its like they are ambulance chasers, in the same vein as A Current Affair is.

It really doesnt sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back