No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what concessions you give them, it seems the suns will remain the suns. Absolute joke of a club.
…but but but….Clarko is going to go there and make everything better.**

**If Clarko’s smart, and he is, he’ll stick with building the Tasmanian pathways up and then be the inaugural coach for their team.

Gotta hand it to the Roos though, they have got their stuff together the last year or so off-field and are building one hell of a midfield with Cunnington, LDU, Stephenson, Simpkin, Phillips, Powell, Thomas and now Greenwood and JHF

Suspect this also blows up a few draft boards, Suns have to go for Hobbs or Callaghan now dont they?
Losing a 30 year old B grade midfielder they were willing to risk delisting is hardly going to change their list strategy

Makes no sense in the cut throat world of AFL that clubs don't pick up delisted players who are promised to be re-drafted by their club.
Why wouldn't a side like Port pick up Hugh Greenwood?
Because next season you might need to trade with the Gold Coast and going nuclear on something like this would probably not be a great way to start negotiations.

Stratton24 - shows what I know, you called this one perfectly!

is there a chance this was actually the desired outcome for GC?

have heard they have cap issues
Given their list surely they could drop any number of other overpaid players instead of one in their best 10.

They are apparently paying Macpherson $500,000 to play 2’s wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a few more of those types running around in the 2’s for them.

is there a chance this was actually the desired outcome for GC?

have heard they have cap issues
Just like on The Simpsons when they couldn't get rid of the trampoline so they pretended it still had value to them by putting a padlock on it and then it instantly got stolen the moment they turned their backs on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain the Greenwood thing to me from a North perspective?

Adding a 29 year old midfielder coming off a pretty decent knee injury to go with the stacked midfield that is about to add the number 1 pick as well...

I know he can play forward but you add this to the Phillips pick last year and it feels like they are just building a team like i would on 2k... Just add talent no matter what way it fits and hope it works out

Adding a 29 year old midfielder coming off a pretty decent knee injury to go with the stacked midfield that is about to add the number 1 pick as well...

I know he can play forward but you add this to the Phillips pick last year and it feels like they are just building a team like i would on 2k... Just add talent no matter what way it fits and hope it works out
And how do you go in 2k?

i dunno how far off they see themselves from contending but if they think it's 2-3 years away it could have a lot to do with trying to extend cunnington's career perhaps? another crash and bash player takes a lot of pressure off him and his body

i think he'll be done before they contend again but that's one way of thinking i guess

…but but but….Clarko is going to go there and make everything better.**

**If Clarko’s smart, and he is, he’ll stick with medicinal cannabis and forget about building the Tasmanian pathways up and then be the inaugural coach for their team.

fify

North might have a talented young midfield group but it is very vulnerable when Simpkin/Thomas are top bananas. Not developed enough and liable to be tagged.

There must be serious doubt on Cunnington going forward, and Jed Anderson, their other hard nut, is injury prone. A big bodied mid who loves to tackle and always gives his best can offer protection and leadership to a young midfield group. Possible plans for the third year in a development/coaching position. The money is not exorbitant and 1.25 million over 3 years (5 game trigger) is better than 400k plus a trigger for a second year, on probably less $s, for a player with a young family.

Seems an absolute stuff up by the Suns. Greenwood finished top four in their b & f, and would have finished higher except for injury. Would have thought there were about twenty other players they could safely delist ahead of Hugh.

They just dumped a good chunk of salary off their cap and helped reduce their list size by giving away an unwanted contracted player

I understand that would be the positive spin from the Suns' perspective. Whether this is what they actually wanted to have happen is the big question though. As it stands - 100% of the coverage regarding this is suggesting that Gold Coast are a clownshow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back