No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horne. Welcome.

I texted in thanking him for the Guarantee we'll not win the spoon. (sydney by 10 goals) in the same segment he said carlton hadnt beaten richmond for 20 years in fact its Carlton 18 Richmond 13 over that time.

He did infer Clarko might do 'unconventional' things ie tanking? didn't like that inference though.
If so, Clarkos first win in season 2005 came in round 3 v Brisbane - who were premiers 2001-3

He also said North wont win it so it has to be Hawks. Maybe he wants north to get pick 1 and is revving up the Hawks

Still think adelaide are starting from a long way back. short quarters would have papered over some cracks last year

Last edited:
I texted in thanking him for the Guarantee we'll not win the spoon. (sydney by 10 goals) in the same segment he said carlton hadnt beaten richmond for 20 years in fact its Carlton 18 Richmond 13 over that time.

He did infer Clarko might do 'unconventional' things ie tanking? didn't like that inference though.
If so, Clarkos first win in season 2005 came in round 3 v Brisbane - who were premiers 2001-3

He also said North wont win it so it has to be Hawks. Maybe he wants north to get pick 1 and is revving up the Hawks

Still think adelaide are starting from a long way back. short quarters would have papered over some cracks last year
Yes, but if you exclude all the times Carlton did beat Richmond then they haven't beaten Richmond in 20 years. That's why he's the stats and analysis guru. Just have to look deeper to find those juicy insights.

Yes, but if you exclude all the times Carlton did beat Richmond then they haven't beaten Richmond in 20 years. That's why he's the stats and analysis guru. Just have to look deeper to find those juicy insights.

In fairness It seems like 20 years. But his tone of voice is so damn sure of himself, but hes hopeless really. Thats the annoying bit.

Kingy is a stats nerd that is too stupid to be able to understand the stats and put them in to context. Watching him in 360 was super painful.

It is possible we win the spoon if we cop some injuries, but the same could be said for the Crows, Roos, Suns, Bombers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bottom four side missing two of their best three players for the majority of the season. Can't blame him.
The pick itself isn't the problem his dumb logic is though

'I think the Crows are going to get significantly better'

Based on what? They have literally added Hately and a DFA plus some kids from the Draft Whilst losing Brad Crouch and some depth. Where is the drastic improvment coming from?

'North aren't winning the spoon'

Why? They were worse than us last year and lost Ben Brown and Shaun Higgins (plus some other depth players)

Is Stepho Corr and some draftees really ensuring they don't win it?

It will probably come down to which of the bottom 6 or so teams has the worst run of luck with injuries. I just can't follow his logic.

I see our admin and coaching as rock solid. Crows still have culture issues and Kangas are hoping Paul Roos can fix them up

under paul roos melbourne went from 2 wins to 4 wins to 7 wins to 10 to wins
in the same timeframe Clarkos hawks went 4-5-9-13

North's list is very poor

Reckon they've got some really good kids, and they've got some oldies still playing good football, but stuffed if I know what they've got in between.

Absolutely no one of any real talent between the ages of 23 - 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back