No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wines was talked about as trade bait over last couple years.
Like Petracca, he's lifted his game. End result he got himself a Brownlow.
Great effort.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could it be a factor that the bigger build mids take a couple of years to build up their tank and learn how to carry their weight?

It's a real weapon though once these big units get a tank and can impact multiple contests.

Sam Walsh is an absolute freak... 30 votes in his 3rd season

What an absolute star

Miller (17 votes) and McRae (14 votes) with the reverse Judd medal for players who really should have polled a lot more.
Macrae is such a strange one, not the first time he has been stiff in the voting.

You would think he has the perfect game to be a Brownlow vote magnet. Very very stiff

The Miller one is surprising, he plays such an attractive brand of footy.

Maybe playing for an off Broadway team like the suns didn't do him any favours?
Also gotta account for the 'break out year bonus'

He will poll better next year, he didn't start getting a lot of buzz until midway through the year. Now he is an established gun the votes will come.

These Sportsbet ads are disgraceful. Seven should pull its head in, but Stokes is a greedy fool of a man, so of course they won't.
Stokes is a Murdoch like cancer on society. Im guessing he might have misplaced a million dollars recently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith is a step behind Walsh but I reckon he'd get a similar deal on an open market.

Luke Jackson too perhaps
Bailey Smith had a quite year and has exploded in the finals so would be paying him on potential. Jackson also would be paid on potential as he yet to play anywhere near the level of a million a year player.

I would take Smith over Walsh if given the choice. Not sold on Jackson yet, if he produced the same season playing for North or Gold Coast he would not have won the rising star. He does still have a lot of time on his side though.

Bailey Smith had a quite year and has exploded in the finals so would be paying him on potential. Jackson also would be paid on potential as he yet to play anywhere near the level of a million a year player.

I would take Smith over Walsh if given the choice. Not sold on Jackson yet, if he produced the same season playing for North or Gold Coast he would not have won the rising star. He does still have a lot of time on his side though.
Bailey Smith would struggle in another team, having to disposal of the ball legally would be a real handicap.

Both Smith and Walsh are awesome young players. Personally I'd prefer Smith too, given he's proving himself to be huge big game player. Big game players are worth their weight in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back