No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a slim minority I’ve seen here that have some very bizarre (and mostly easily disputable) criticisms. Doesn’t make sense to me - he’s a phenomenal player and isn’t a punchable flog like some others are.
Could be wrong but I thought it stemmed from the same cohort who (without any evidence) thought Ward was better when we grabbed him in the draft and have refused to let that go.

Just watched the last two minutes on you tube just then. Great on the run goal by Daicos. Why wasn’t Pendlebury’s subsequent clearance out of the middle deliberate out of bounds? In all the Hawthorn games I’ve watched this year that’s a free against Hawthorn every time. :think:

Just watched the last two minutes on you tube just then. Great on the run goal by Daicos. Why wasn’t Pendlebury’s subsequent clearance out of the middle deliberate out of bounds? In all the Hawthorn games I’ve watched this year that’s a free against Hawthorn every time. :think:
Does anyone remember the Sam Mitchell deliberate against Brissy circa '03 up at the gabba? Went 45 metres took a severe 90° leg break and the mongrels paid it! I'm still dirty about that one lol

Just saw footage of Lachie Schultz’s punch to the back of the head of the Carlton player.

Honestly in my book he should have a long stint (3-4 weeks minimum) on the sidelines for it.

It’s the sort of thing that could do a lot of damage. I’d like to see the AFL pull the potential for injury card on it.
should go for a few at least. I bet Collingwood would like to have kept Ginnivan and not get Schultz now. Hasn't looked like it this year. Time will tell.

Just saw footage of Lachie Schultz’s punch to the back of the head of the Carlton player.

Honestly in my book he should have a long stint (3-4 weeks minimum) on the sidelines for it.

It’s the sort of thing that could do a lot of damage. I’d like to see the AFL pull the potential for injury card on it.

It's a king hit.
It should be a month off. That happens at grassroots, happens on the streets or in a school and it's potential criminal charges.

It's a king hit.
It should be a month off. That happens at grassroots, happens on the streets or in a school and it's potential criminal charges.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm interested in the outcome here. Bet he gets off with a fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulz should be okay.
Mac Andrew did the same to Ginnivan without a free kick.🤨
Max Andrew’s shove should have been a free kick.

It’s in a different galaxy to what Schultz did though.

It's a king hit.
The lack of chatter makes me think he will only end up with a fine or at worse a week.

I do agree and there’s a chance for criminal charges elsewhere. The AFL has mainly stamped this sort of behaviour out of the league. Really need to reinforce that though and not let it creep back in.

Max Andrew’s shove should have been a free kick.

It’s in a different galaxy to what Schultz did though.
You sure

You sure

Yeah one is a bump in the back the other is a rabbit punch.

Not even close in potential for damage.

Yeah one is a bump in the back the other is a rabbit punch.

Not even close in potential for damage.
I think you are wrong.

The push from Schulz hits the upper back not the head

And then claiming it is not in the same galaxy is interesting to say the least

They are both unnecessary and should be an immediate free kick

I think you are wrong.

The push from Schulz hits the upper back not the head

And then claiming it is not in the same galaxy is interesting to say the least

They are both unnecessary and should be an immediate free kick
I saw it as punch to the back of the head. Worthy of suspension.

Mac Andrew’s was a free kick and that’s it

Browns looking at 6 weeks you'd reckon.

Sadly the hit was on Tom McCartin - hope he's OK

Subbed out straight away with concussion.

Missed months last season with the same

Really worrying for Tom - fingers crossed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back