No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Logan McDonald looks good tonight but didn't look up to much last week, might be a bit early to call it a break out year. That said, he'll get plenty of looks if Sydney move the ball like this every week - quick ball movement is really exposing the fact that Moore plays loose and they don't have a second choice tall.

Sydney are running a deep midfield rotation:

Heeney
Warner
Gulden
Rowbottom
Papley
McInerney
Jordan

Maybe we can model our midfield on that, keep throwing players through there so the opposition is getting a different look each time.

We should be able to emulate the backline too. Sicily Weddle and dimma are quality already

They were that good - last year. That doesn’t change. But you’re right about passion being a key driver. That and system, both of which are harder to hold off challengers than pure talent. I reckon they are in some trouble
That's why I added the qualifier, they weren't the obvious best team. Total 12 point margin over 3 won finals, 2 they very well should have lost.

They could still come back tonight, if any of the 2023 DNA is still there.

I consider Sydney to still be a work in progress so Collingwood could be in for an interesting year. Their biggest issue is the forward line as they are not able to transition like last year. This is looking like a genuine year where several teams are going to step up and challenge.

Pendlebury looks cooked too. Also, early days but Heeney in Brownlow form. He's been massive tonight.

I consider Sydney to still be a work in progress so Collingwood could be in for an interesting year. Their biggest issue is the forward line as they are not able to transition like last year. This is looking like a genuine year where several teams are going to step up and challenge.

Pendlebury looks cooked too. Also, early days but Heeney in Brownlow form. He's been massive tonight.

Heaney playing like he always threatened to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Grundy with back to back revenge games after being cast aside by both clubs would have to feel pretty satisfying for him. Didn't have much of an influence tonight though but didn't really need too.

If this thread is any indication, a message is required.

Anyone wanting to cry and start that same boring 'we should have lost 4 years ago' conversation every time Logan McDonald gets a kick in the General AFL thread, it will just get deleted. As 15 or so have just been from here

That conversation is done, gone, finished.

It doesn't need to get dregded up by the usual suspects every time Sydney play.

I honestly don't give a * if I sound like a petty little tyrant right now, maybe I am, but that conversation serves no purpose whatsoever...certainly not in this thread anyway.

Sydney's young midfield is really what we should aspire to emulate.

Heeney (27), Papley (27), McInerney (23), Jordan (23), Rowbottom (23), Warner (22), Gulden (21).

Mills (27) to return. Sheldrick (20) waiting for a chance.

Parker and Adams to likely play relief roles and provide experience.

Hopefully a year or two our group is looking as dangerous - Nash (25), Worpel (25), Moore (24), Day (22), Newcombe (22), MacDonald (21), Ward (20), Mackenzie (20), Hustwaite (19).

Pendles staged for at least 3 x high frees which is a massive worry for his confidence.

Heeney
Warner
Gulden
Rowbottom
Papley
McInerney
Jordan

Maybe we can model our midfield on that, keep throwing players through there so the opposition is getting a different look each time.
Can’t believe you missed B. Campbell who is looking every bit the jet he did at draft time.

Heeney
Warner
Gulden
Rowbottom
Papley
McInerney
Jordan

These are the players that will play through the midfield tomorrow

Newcombe
Worpel
Nash
Ward
Mackenzie
Macdonald
Amon
Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back