No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, well I was only referencing players that ran through the middle and had CBA's. Glad we cleared that up.
Ok so CBAs specifically not incl wings. I read overall midfield based on your words.

These are the players that will play through the midfield tomorrow

Newcombe
Worpel
Nash
Ward
Mackenzie
Macdonald
Amon
Maginness

I doubt Amon or Maginess will see a CBA tomorrow, but you never know. Amon had one or two in some games last year, but if he is playing HBF as a running playmaker then I think he'll probably stay there all game.

I don't think MacDonald would either, though I really hope he becomes an option, even if for only a few times a game.

Out of 28 CBA's Sydney had the following breakdown:

18 - Heeney
13 - Jordan
13 - McInerney
13 - Warner
9 - Gulden
9 - Rowbottom
9 - Papley

That's an interesting distribution.

When we add Day back into the side we'd have 7 options + Moore and Amon too.

Collingwood wouldn't want to lose many more early games. Don't want to be chasing top 4 from behind all year.
0-2 with a percentage below 70 when more than half the comp hasn't played a game yet.
Their premiership defence will be over and done before North lose 2 games this year.

Possible that Collingwood just weren't that good. Or at least, they weren't as good as premiership sides usually are - not much from last year to indicate they were a sure thing of backing it up. Lots of close wins, lots of passion. Passion doesn't last forever.
They should never have gotten passed Melbourne, to be honest, and only averaged 9 goals a game over the finals.

The swarming to anoint them a dynasty side post GF was completely over the top.

IMG_5083.jpeg

….but so predictable.

Pies dominating the media is an AFL wet dream
It’s no different to most years, people jump on the GF winner, but I’ve never seen a Premier scratch together wins like Collingwood did then be talked up like they routed the finals and would be so hard to stop.

It’s no different to most years, people jump on the GF winner, but I’ve never seen a Premier scratch together wins like Collingwood did then be talked up like they routed the finals and would be so hard to stop.
That's what had me flummoxed over Summer, pie supporter mates stating, "if we don't go back to back waste of a dynasty."
What dynasty?
Its a head scratch!

Swans kicking skills are superb . They are the real deal this year early doors .
There midfield is what ours can become.

They outworked the pies too and the scoreboard was flattering .

First premier ever to be 0-2 after 1 round 😁
Some seriously good list management picking up Grundy, Jordan and Adams for next to nothing to add to an already strong squad. The latter hasn’t played yet (or Mills or Parker this year). Grundy will be recruit of the year.

Their list demographic is as good as it gets for a sustained period of contending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaney playing like he always threatened to be
Funny thing. He is now 27 with all those years of strength and development into him. 25 to 28 yrs old does seem to be the sweet spot for top line consistency and peak.
I hope our guys keep on the up, as it means 2026+ should be our era. Wishful thinking?

0-2 with a percentage below 70 when more than half the comp hasn't played a game yet.
Their premiership defence will be over and done before North lose 2 games this year.

Geelong 0-3 80% going in to round 4 playing us. We started ok but they feasted on us

In the next few rounds melbourne Geelong collingwood not only good teams but may be smarting when they come to us

I reckon finn is guaranteed in if he stays fit

Some seriously good list management picking up Grundy, Jordan and Adams for next to nothing to add to an already strong squad. The latter hasn’t played yet (or Mills or Parker this year). Grundy will be recruit of the year.

Their list demographic is as good as it gets for a sustained period of contending.

You just knew sydney would get the best from Grundy

Richmond supporters the ultimate whingers game after game they complain about the umpires. Even if they lose by 10 goals. This game where Richmond had a few frees early and then Carlton had a few late. The fact that both lynch's goals were from dodgy frees escapes them. Umpires huh they keep winning games for the opposition its a wonder how Richmond have ever won a game in their history
I actually think over the last couple of seasons their supporters have a case. They have certainly not enjoyed much favouritism recently, except for the obvious ignoring high dusty fend offs and Lynch getting a free ride.

But when a Bulldogs player complains, it's delusional.

They seriously don’t have what hawthorn had in 2008

Daicos x 2. Moore a couple if good flankers
A former student of mine bet $10,000 on collingwood winning the premiership last season before round one.

He's put all the winnings on them repeating.

Last edited:
Easy come, easy go :shrug:
Yes, this is a classic case of that. He is a tennis coach and works hard for the initial money but when you win easy, you don't value the winnings.

Coll were the least impressive premiers in the last 30 years. Cannot recall any premier winning 3 games by a total of 12 points. Not rocket science that if they are off 2 percent they are suddenly bottom half of top 8 level if that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back