No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you take his words as stated.

He’s pissed off that he got suspended for 3 games.

The suspension is the outcome. What isn’t clear is what action he’s pissed at. Himself for the behaviour. The AFL for the heavy handedness? The AFL For the lack of equivalency with Clarkson, etc. it’s that lack of clarity which makes the comments confusing.

The suspension is the outcome. What isn’t clear is what action he’s pissed at. Himself for the behaviour. The AFL for the heavy handedness? The AFL For the lack of equivalency with Clarkson, etc. it’s that lack of clarity which makes the comments confusing.
He put out a statement (heard it on AFL360 tonight) clarifying he was pissed at himself.

Footballers never seem to learn that NO ONE IS YOUR MATE

No podcast comments
No controversial tweets
No toilet photos
No nudes
No dick pics
No rolled $50 notes

TRUST NO ONE - everyone wants their 5minutes

Everyone will read it a different way. Just keep your mouth shut.
That's preferable .

But then people complain that the players have no personalities and interviews are boring yes/no answers.

Listening to it in context it's clear he is/was annoyed at himself.

That's preferable .

But then people complain that the players have no personalities and interviews are boring yes/no answers.

Listening to it in context it's clear he is/was annoyed at himself.
I have no problem with players having a personality. But maybe, just maybe, when you're suspended for three games for a homophobic slur it might be best to go to ground for a while and keep your mouth shut. It's just plain stupid.

Changing the subject - how good was it to see Ben Cousins looking so well on the Front Bar TV show.

He seems to have genuinely turned a corner - I hope he stays sober as a result.

There was a time when I honestly thought he'd be found dead with a needle in his arm.

Really happy for Ben & long may it continue

Changing the subject - how good was it to see Ben Cousins looking so well on the Front Bar TV show.

He seems to have genuinely turned a corner - I hope he stays sober as a result.

There was a time when I honestly thought he'd be found dead with a needle in his arm.

Really happy for Ben & long may it continue
I can’t say I’m happy anyone giving him any airtime. Especially after he’s been jailed twice now for stalking his ex plus whatever else he’s put her through.

The only positive of him being sober is he might leave her and the kids alone now.

Domestic abuse is abhorrent and I can’t find any reason to be happy for Cousins.

I can’t say I’m happy anyone giving him any airtime. Especially after he’s been jailed twice now for stalking his ex plus whatever else he’s put her through.

The only positive of him being sober is he might leave her and the kids alone now.

Domestic abuse is abhorrent and I can’t find any reason to be happy for Cousins.
It’s amazing what drugs particularly ice do, should always celebrate someone getting their s**t together otherwise the next person might not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see he’s healthy and I feel a lot of sympathy for his family over many years. But with his long history of violence against women, don’t think he needs to be given any air time.

It’s amazing what drugs particularly ice do, should always celebrate someone getting their s**t together otherwise the next person might not
I don’t wish harm on him.

Given what he has done though I feel the last thing he should be is on TV. No place for it no matter what he was on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back