No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Going back to the Premiership rings / Medals discussion..

I wouldn't be against players who played say 80% of the total games in a season getting awarded a Premiership medal.

It still doesn't sit well that Derek Kickett lost out on one due to one mans spite.

Brendon Whitecross would be recognised as well.

It works well in other sports across the world - 80% of games played per year seems reasonable to me.
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with merit, private organisations have approached the AFL with a proposal to licence a product (premiership rings) which can be sold as memorabilia to supporters after the GF. Giving to players, coaches, staff, bootstudders, water boys etc is the justification.
The AFL is only interested in one thing and it is money and how they get more.

Only the north ceo would copy in every other ceo then leak their own email thread with the detail they shared. Approved leak by the afl head office no doubt

All it will do is make every other ceo not ever send an email again. Quite ridiculous really

Yeah, let’s de-value the prestige of earning a Premiership Medallion on GF day by giving everyone who played that year one also

FMD 🤦‍♂️

devalue the prestige of earning a premiership

Renouf says hi

Nobody deserved recognition more than Whitecross but I doubt even a shitty ring would of made up for missing out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back