No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

So....in their absence it's clear. Teams need to lock Hawkins and Cameron down, lock them down. Hard. The Cats don't look like much without them.
(I will be sick if the cats go bang with a 12 goal last quarter though.)
It’s not even so much of their goals but how having them draws defenders to them and lets their other forwards get free.

When those forwards instead have to be the focal point for them and don’t get the same amount of space they struggle.

Henry especially needs Hawkins and Cameron out there.

Tried to get a feel for this by getting ole Chatbot to generate a true sounding equivalent - took a bit of nudging to get some Chris Scott-isms in:

1715860740909.png

1715860756298.png

Seems fairly close now:

"Tonight's result is infuriating, and it's clear we faced numerous external factors that hindered our performance.

The extended quarter breaks in Darwin disrupted our momentum, and the excessively wet conditions were a nightmare to contend with. The scheduling of Thursday night games is utterly nonsensical and does a disservice to the sport.

However, as for the AFL's role in these issues, if I speak, I'm in big trouble. Despite these challenges, my team fought with everything they had. They were let down by circumstances beyond their control. We'll review this debacle meticulously and come back stronger.

Mission accomplished? Not yet, but we're not backing down."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators saying this makes other sides shudder facing GCS - but tbh, it's just more of the same. They are dominant up north at home, but absolute fodder anywhere else.

I feel all this proves, is its bloody awful playing up at TIO unless you're based up there, and shows how difficult it will be to persuade other clubs to accept a Darwin-based team, beyond all the other issues.

Cornes, who played up there a ton, mentioned is rough as hell playing up there. Hot and humid as all hell, and when playing at night, the ball is absolutely soaked and heavy to kick. By the end of the game, you're knackered kicking what feels like a rock. Can't avoid the wetness by playing earlier, as it just gets hotter.

It's been like 30 degrees for most of the game. At like 9pm.

All the Hawks supporters on this thead HARD checking that cap for the Hawks logo

Super Troopers Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Commentators saying this makes other sides shudder facing GCS - but tbh, it's just more of the same. They are dominant up north at home, but absolute fodder anywhere else.

I feel all this proves, is its bloody awful playing up at TIO unless you're based up there, and shows how difficult it will be to persuade other clubs to accept a Darwin-based team, beyond all the other issues.

Cornes, who played up there a ton, mentioned is rough as hell playing up there. Hot and humid as all hell, and when playing at night, the ball is absolutely soaked and heavy to kick. By the end of the game, you're knackered kicking what feels like a rock. Can't avoid the wetness by playing earlier, as it just gets hotter.

It's been like 30 degrees for most of the game. At like 9pm.
Not sure if this opinion is the outlier, but it's a professional sport, they are not being asked to play in dangerous conditions, so deal with it . You have raised valid points (heavy ball, slippery , humid etc), but it's a national competition played in all kinds of conditions at all times of the day...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back