No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

chad Warner is a bonafide star - the Swines midfield is elite and only getting better

starting to think our loss to the Swines in the context of the thumping they are giving the blues now wasn't so bad - at the time people were talking about sacking our coach - no one will be talking about sacking Voss. - again it shows how ridiculously hard our first 6-7 weeks were.

There was some seriously questionable decisions against Carlton then
The insufficient intent against Hollands does my head in. His intent was to kick the ball away from the contest to run onto it. If an umpire can’t see that intent, he should not be in charge of a game. The key word is intent so umpire the intent FFS. Why not penalise a player dribbling for goal, only to have it roll out of bounds. The intent was to score but it went OOB. Very little difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong did not start the year on fire - they beat the Saints, Crows, Hawks, Dogs, North, Lions and then Carlton.

I’ll pay Carlton as a good win - all the rest are bottom 4 or massive underachievers this year.
Blues at one stage were 2.9 and 3 OOTF to 5.2.
Blues and Lions poor conversion were the only reasons the Pussies beat them.

Weird.
Cats got smacked and I felt the schadenfreude. It was pleasant.
Carlton went down...badly...I don't really feel anything. It's just..'yeah, of course.'
So...I'm ambivalent towards the season.

Can we mathematically make the 8 if we win everything from now?
I mean...if we can...why not? to hell with carefully planned development...let's just bludgeon our way in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back