No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, I was well into my thirties when I met what could be generously called a "nice" Richmond supporter. Even now I probably only know less than five. The rest border on the sociopathic.

Over here that behaviour is generally balanced by the appalling behaviour of crows fans.
I had a group of Tiger supporting mates that were flogs when they were rubbish. Glad I wasn't around them when they were good would have been insufferable to deal with.

Collingwood trying to play two home game each year on the Gold Coast 9 news reporting, one against GC the other against a vic team.

Overly fatigued players from massive game length and a ridiculously low rotation cap is just gonna result in more ACLs.

I know someone is going to say that Naughton was put into an unnatural position, but a less fatigued person is much less likely to suffer an injury when that happens.

I'm completely unconvinced that the game is a better product now than it was in 2013 / 2014 when the interchange cap was first introduced, and it has only continued to get worse with every additional time they cut it. More injuries, less scoring, more stoppages, slower play every year, almost year on year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton looks to have done his ACL…. Hopefully for him it’s an ankle. Fortunately for Naughton, he has an 8 year deal.

This from Kane Cornes after the 8 year deal was announced…
“It’s just a huge price to pay and I just think committing such a big portion of your salary cap to a player who, yes is a good player but hasn’t reached the heights that he would’ve liked to. And then there’s the durability factor. Every time I watch Aaron Naughton play, I feel like he’s one marking contest away from a serious injury … what’s that going to look like in five years time, let alone nine?

I’m tipping the Bullies tonight.
Don’t know why, feeling in my bones.
My spread sheet has them the second ranked team in the league.

Ha....

that was a high tackle?

This sport is a mess regarding adjudication and regulation.
And then the fifty, for pointing out how bad the decision was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back