Traded George Horlin-Smith [traded to Gold Coast for pick 59]

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09...terest-in-out-of-contract-geelong-midfielder/

“We’re obviously interested (in Horlin-Smith),” Dew told SEN’s Whateley.

“We know he has come from a good system, he’s durable, he’s a pro and he might be looking for a greater opportunity.

“We went down the path with Aaron Young last year and Nick Holman, and they were able to play 22 games and be really good role models for our football club.

“The character piece is important for us and those guys on their second or last chance can make a really good career and want to drive the club forward.

“That’s important for us, making sure that Gold Coast is their club, it’s not a pit stop to somewhere else.”

Well, can honestly say Stewy Dew is not wrong. He may be limited as a footballer but he has something to offer them and his leadership and professionalism would be welcome for a young group.

It will get done for something of little value to Gold Coast but something that would have value to GFC...

Question for Gold Coast supporters..just how many picks at draft do they think they will use ...?
If he's UFA it wont cost anything?

If he's UFA it wont cost anything?
Could be a token late pick they're not using to ensure it doesn't even slightly alter the Lynch compo.
Not sure it matters really. We're getting very little at best and I doubt we're too concerned given we give him little opportunity.

The Suns are a good fit for him.

They will trade so it doesn't affect the Lynch comp.
I'm pretty comfortable in saying that the compensation for Lynch will be pick 3 regardless of what happens.

I'm pretty comfortable in saying that the compensation for Lynch will be pick 3 regardless of what happens.

The afl conspiracy ? .. for what it costs GC.. its just smart business to do a minor trade. They will have 7 or 8 picks in the top40 ..I doubt they use them all. It may even be a player they wish to move on.

Wait dew said he was Durable ? Lol 19 games in 4 years.must have changed the meaning.
Just pick a state level player again dewie.

Would it effect the Lynch compo? Surely the loss of Lynch is so big that this won't cost them a band 1 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the main knock on him from a Geelong point of view is that he's a bit slow, when we are probably needing to bring in some pace. For a team like GC or even Brisbane, he'd probably be a better fit.

Also apparently a solid citizen and well-respected leader, so would be perfect for a young team.

As UFA no complain at all , Signed him up for Two year and then said goodbye . Transition player .

I wish Geelong played him a lot more then we did, There has been many times even thus year i wonder why we aren't playing him. Iv only seen him play 1 terrible game which was against the Magpies. I wish him all the best where ever he wants to go to.... And can't blame him 1 bit in wanting a new home.

A big chance for north to finally land that big fish they have been chasing. 1m over 6 years....

A big chance for north to finally land that big fish they have been chasing. 1m over 6 years....

You really do live up to your name.

We’ve got bigger fish to fry this year. Gaff, Polec and Hall are all a lock. Thanks for your suggestion though it was rather pointless.

You really do live up to your name.

We’ve got bigger fish to fry this year. Gaff, Polec and Hall are all a lock. Thanks for your suggestion though it was rather pointless.
That was a rather passive aggressive response..... I just thought after years of failing to secure anyone of substance, you might lower your expectations and search for someone more realistic. Made me laugh, when you include hall in your “big fish” category... but, I suppose it’s all relative.

i dont see what he has done that would have any club trading anything more than later round selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back