Autopsy goal loss vs *Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

But did you expect anything different?
For both games I said we were a very good chance of winning, without going as far as saying that we would win.

I expected losses, but thought we'd go close, which is how it panned out.

Need to translate this positive turnaround into a win next week.

If we didn't lost Simpkin and Greenwood= we likely would have got the 🍫, a long way from were we have been in recent times, things are looking up 🔵 ⚪

On reflection it feels a thousand times better to be gutted at a narrow loss than devastated at a crushing defeat.

We have early the right to go ballistic when we start to win.
Was not looking good 15mins into the first thats for sure.

Some of these close losses are really gonna burn in the gut of these young men.

Look, putting aside the result and clangers by experienced campaigners, that was an enthralling three quarters of football.

Can’t wait to see LDU back next week.
Said it earlier we have started being competitive again . It started v The Swans . Now once we can get passed that first win I think and I hope the climb will finally begin. Also just noticed the reserves won again it is where it all starts , it’s finally turning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For both games I said we were a very good chance of winning, without going as far as saying that we would win.

I expected losses, but thought we'd go close, which is how it panned out.

Need to translate this positive turnaround into a win next week.

Yeah I mean we are a “chance”.

But unless we are up by 5 goals with 5 mins to go, it’s hard to expect anything other than a loss

If clarko doesn’t come back will ratts be offered the role do you think? I really like him. Such a good guy.
He's a good guy, but I don't think he'd be the ideal head coach. Plus I don't think he wants it.

If Clarko didn't return, I'd want us to go hard for Simmo or Horse. But I firmly believe Clarko will come back. These 3 weeks would have shown him he has a decent list to work with, with more top picks to come.

I dont think Ive seen any player (north or not) want the ball more than Wardlaw. I have a vision where the ball miraculously rolls down into the underground tunnels of Marvel and out onto Collins street and Wardlaw would chase it and go head on with a truck to collect it.

Heaps to look forward to. Essendon got gifted a win with our two best players out when they're trying make a tilt for finals lol

Scott is looking down the barrell of a rebuild there, unfortunately

Said it earlier we have started being competitive again . It started v The Swans . Now once we can get passed that first win I think and I hope the climb will finally begin

West Coast are comfortably the worst side now. Comfortably.

Would take a miracle for them not to finish last if we continue to play to our potential.

I kind of liked this but the result sucked.
I can accept the loss given it came with so many possession chains under pressure where players kept control. Wilphils composure is really good. I think its safe to say he has arrived, to think we still have LDU to come back into the midfield rotations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back