Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Saturday 19/08/17 @ 7:25 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. Been a long day, no interest in riddles mate.
I'm stirring you up.
You gave me a little jab and I gave one back.
What did you expect me to reply to your comment about Hurley?

It'll be interesting to see what the defensive dynamic is. Hartley I assume will cover 2MP/Brooksby. Ambrose to Martin? I think so, he's their other marking "target" forward, let's put our best stopper on him. Their forward line is very quick and agile so I hope we can cover them.

In defence, it's unfortunate that Leslie is back. He's been very good this season and will be a good match on Hooker.

Hartley's had a charmed run in 2018 - Dropped earlier in the season, then Ambrose injured in Round 5, followed by Brown going down a week or two later - Dropped again and then Hurley is injured one week later - He can thank his lucky stars.

No Hurley. Gonna struggle to get it out of there. That is a big out. Is the injury serious?

yep - Hurley is a big out no doubt, but I think we have enough clever footballers down back to be able to transition the ball out of the defensive zone.
I think you'll find Goddard will play back this week and act like the general in defense in Hurley's absence, then you have smalls like Kelly with his smarts, McGrath with his skill & McKenna with his run and gun style. We'll be able to get the ball out of there - and dont forget we are playing the Gold Coast not the Crows or Swans.... I'd like to see them line up a little more like;-

Kelly Hartley McGrath
Goddard Ambrose McKenna
Zakka Heppell Parish
Laverde Hooker Tippa
Stewart Daniher Green

Bellcho Bird Z.Merrett

Bench from: Baguley Myers Begley Gleeson

Hartley's had a charmed run in 2018 - Dropped earlier in the season, then Ambrose injured in Round 5, followed by Brown going down a week or two later - Dropped again and then Hurley is injured one week later - He can thank his lucky stars.

I know you're good, but you're not that good.

mmm, agree. His 34 disposals and 8 marks was just not good enough.
Like, who was his opponent even? Tex who?

Josh Jenkins arguably the best forward on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting to see how long it keeps him out for.

I'm sure he will play next week, but he will be getting surgery once the season is done.

Very interesting to see how long it keeps him out for.

He was on AFL Tonight yesterday and said should be right the following week. Said it was a bit sore day after Crows game and wasn't going away later in the week so decided to give it a bit more time

If it is just a niggle then resting the calf is probably better than surgery in the off season

Many players get surgery anyway. It'll probably be both. So many players play with injury for most of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back