Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out:

Jobe - rest, then farewell at home.
Colyer - nowhere near where he was before injury/suspension.
Dea - Bags to replace. Didn't offer enough.
Ben - can't fault effort, but doesn't impact enough.

In
Bird - was unlucky to be dropped a couple of weeks back. We need a grunt midfielder.
Begley - forward pressure while Raz is out.
Bags - straight back in.
Zerrett - comment not required.

Leave Luey. He and TBC are pretty line ball. Whoever is in stays in unless injured or lose form.

Very worried about this one.
I'm actually not worried. Gold Coast are cooked. With finals on the line, I honestly don't see us put in a lazy performance. Merrett especially will try to make up for the game he missed. Saturday night showed us that we're still hungry for finals despite not getting the win. Our intensity and effort was there, but Adelaide were simply too good.

I'm also not worried because if we lose, we don't deserve finals anyway

You don't judge a game by a quarter, you judge it by the whole game, I though he has a good game overall. Keeps his spot.
He doesn't run defensively. When he read forward he isn't a potent as he used to be. He's still a bull around the packs, but he labours to each contest.

Selection will be conservative because it is always conservative. So those expecting lots of changes are bound to be disappointed.

Realistically we should have given games to Begley and Mutch earlier in the season. We didn't and it is unlikely that this will change with just two games before the finals.

Merrett will come in; Baguley probably will as well even though his performance this year should lead to greater questions about his place in the best-22.

Outs are likely to be Watson (rested) and one of Howlett or Dea.

Leave Luey. He and TBC are pretty line ball. Whoever is in stays in unless injured or lose form.

At the game on Saturday, I noticed that Daniher spent a fair bit of time in the ruck. Second half especially.

Not sure if I've been oblivious to it in recent games, but it seems like he spent more time in the ruck on Saturday than previous games.

If Leuenberger in means Joey needs to spend more time in the ruck, I'd rather TBC.

Ins: Merrett, Baguley, Mutch, Begley, Redman, Hartley
Outs: Howlett, Watson, Colyer, Dea, Green, Kelly

Its time.
3 debutants, making that 14% of the entire team that have never played a single game, with a finals spot on the line.

Yeah, that would be utterly stupid

Solly has got a soft spot for us. He'll let us win by 55pts.
yeah true, I'm sure his soft spot for his own team will mean he's happy to sacrifice 33% of the entire chance he has to become a senior coach and to forge a career and provide for his family for the next 2-3 decades...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Inconsistent efforts
In - 4 quarters of bone crunching intensity....

If we keep it simple and;

Swap Hartley for Dea - nothing against Dea this is just a more structural thing as hartley is a better match up for 3 metre Peter. Even though the big Ginger tree hasn't kicked on this year he's getting a lot of ball kicked in his direction and we dont need him going off so having somebody who is an actual chance of meeting him at the highest point of the mark to get a fist in is important.

Swap Zerrett for Tippa(inj), Tippa looked to be struggling a bit and Zerrett needs a spot so......

That will make sure we still have the experience and structural advantages on our side, just need them to show up mentally!!! Comon Woosha do something!

Why, how could we get any less from our bottom 3 or 4 players that what was on offer against Adelaide?

Fair point.

There won't be wholesale changes but I wouldn't be totally against it if there were to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back