Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt Fog was dam good tonight.

Played deeper up the ground and still kicked 4.

Harris Andrews killed us.

Two very even teams, they were a bit cleaner

The two goals in junk time during the third hurt us.

Why was Curtin subbed

Nank should have played full game.
McHenry sub, and instead of subbing Curtin play him on the wing if he was not getting involved at HB.

That cost us the game, thanks Nicks.

Even before Worrell hurting his wrist.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Goodness me the constant McHenry bashing gets tiresome when he was better than Tex, Smith, Hinge, Curtin, Nank, Cook. By no means was Ned spectacular today but wasn't the main reason we didnt win.

Soligo unreal again, Rankine a star and Fog starting to work back into some form. Losing Worrell is going to hurt considering his form, but hopefully Nicks an co. continue to back in Curtin.
As much as I'll back mchenry in the face of the stupidity of this board.

Hinge did shut down Cameron after his hot start. And nank was decent after coming on.

Sorta feels like he doesn't actually want Curtin in though, doesn't trust him, so he's bouncing on every error and mistake to get him out.

Won't be surprised to see him dropped next week.
It's a lock.

A decent Coach would have given him a chat, a real heartfelt "We believe in you" boost and tell him to make his mark in the 3rd quarter in a different position.

Nicks could not wait to get him off.

Good: Very pleased with Fogarty's game, Dawson was fantastic, Rankine was elite.

Bad: Nankervis as sub (why?), Payne toweled up Walker, Andrews' influence wasn't really curbed at all.

Ugly: The substitute debacle, disgraceful umpiring (especially in regards to holding the ball), Worrell getting injured.

Good:
Fog - Looked back to his best, needed to step up with Tex being well beaten
Dawson - Thats the Dawson we know and love, threw the team on his back and nearly got us over the line
Rankine - 23 disposals (14 contested) and kicked 3.1, had a big month
Soligo - Another strong game
Berg - Played a really good team game and kicked 2.1 himself

Bad:
Laird and Crouch - Stat padding nothing players useless outside of a stoppage
McHenry - Such a nothing player, likely swaps with Murphy and we start the charade all over
Smith - Which of his 2 disposals last week got him a starting game, well one was a turnover so I guess the other one. Retire.
Tex - well and truly beaten, still kicked 2 though
Jones - how he seems to be locked in the 22 is beyond me

Ugly:
Subbing Curtin at half time and then Worrell getting injured

Sorta feels like he doesn't actually want Curtin in though, doesn't trust him, so he's bouncing on every error and mistake to get him out.

Won't be surprised to see him dropped next week.
100% right

Lucky to get the draw. During that last quarter we were minus 22 contested possessions. Finished up minus 10. But you're not going to win 95% of games with minus 10 let alone minus 22.

9da1ba324be9fd397bf11e794a2763ec.jpg

You could definitely see that it was a good team playing poorly in Brisbane vs a bad team playing as well as it could.
Nah I disagree with this, our best players had great games but our defence didn’t play nearly as well as last week, while there are still a few weak links around the ground

Plus we went with a mind-boggling gameplan given the height and marking power of the opponent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like everyone thinks Nicks should have foreseen Worralls wrist getting snapped. Our tall defense was having issues with Brisbane's smalls so they subbed Curtain for Nank don't have a problem with this, injury can't be predicted
I think he should have foreseen the possibility of someone getting injured before wasting the sub with half the game left

It's like everyone thinks Nicks should have foreseen Worralls wrist getting snapped. Our tall defense was having issues with Brisbane's smalls so they subbed Curtain for Nank don't have a problem with this, injury can't be predicted
Move Curtin to wing, Jones in a more defensive position...m

But that woukd require Nicks seeing Curtin as a potential mid.

He doesn't.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good:
Fog - Looked back to his best, needed to step up with Tex being well beaten
Dawson - Thats the Dawson we know and love, threw the team on his back and nearly got us over the line
Rankine - 23 disposals (14 contested) and kicked 3.1, had a big month
Soligo - Another strong game
Berg - Played a really good team game and kicked 2.1 himself

Bad:
Laird and Crouch - Stat padding nothing players useless outside of a stoppage
McHenry - Such a nothing player, likely swaps with Murphy and we start the charade all over
Smith - Which of his 2 disposals last week got him a starting game, well one was a turnover so I guess the other one. Retire.
Tex - well and truly beaten, still kicked 2 though
Jones - how he seems to be locked in the 22 is beyond me

Ugly:
Subbing Curtin at half time and then Worrell getting injured

No. We wish he was a nothing player. He is a negative player. Every week he fumbles, makes bad decisions, executes terrible kicks, gives away free, has no scoreboard impact despite being a forward. Selecting him cost us the game this week. He is the worst player in the AFL.

We tend to make a lot of these intercept defenders look like stars. These types always dominate against us.
He didn’t play as a Stewart type, he played on Tex and towelled him up overall

Andrews was the interceptor, EH was overall decent offensively but did a poor job stopping Andrews

Remove this Banner Ad

Back